HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE 240Z Swap

cyrus

Hey, i hate to burst some bubbles, but its been done, twice that I have pictures of, some guy in tennesee sold a yellow 240z with a 2jz and six speed about a year or two ago on ebay, and some dude in either europe or australia did it too, i have it on a video here at home. Ill try to find pics, I would say this is the first time its been done publically, so that a large mass can learn from it. Im sure that sounded a lot meaner than i meant for it to be, but someone posted that it hasnt been done, just letting you know it has.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the one on Ebay sold for $12,500 or so I think. It was in a yellow and black 75 280z. The owner of the car had a shop do it for him, so he didn't know anything regarding the install.

1sickZ, I may take you up on the offer. I'll atleast let you know when things start to happen. I may be pooling a lot of resources when things start to happen :lol:

the only picture ive been able to find is the picture of the turbo'd na 2jz, im sure someone on this board might have it though, one of my friends almost bought the car... From what I remember. it wasnt very clean, wires just hanging out, plus i dont remember the actual car being in very good shape. oh well.

Guest KillerZees

I would have to say that living in the central FL area I cant wait to see these cars on the road. I thought of the 7mgte/2jz but i wanted an easy swap with a cheap easy to work on engine (i know how expensive the supra parts are from experience). But I cant wait to see these beasts finished. keep postin

Worthless like a v8 swap? :lol:

Those are pretty bold words considering your on a HYBRID site! :? I think those kind of thoughts should be kept to yourself. I dont think any kind of swap is worthless, its all a matter of what the person who is swapping the engine likes and dislikes.

Anyways.....I am really watching this thread and I hope someone finishes this swap soon and with LOTS of pictures! I love the Supra's and the Z's so this should make for a great car! :D

Guy

Guest Zachb55

well i do know of those two, i meant done in the Hybridz.org way, where people can learn from it and understand it, not just look at pictures of it and say "huh, i wonder how that happened?".

-zach

Worthless like a v8 swap? :lol:

Those are pretty bold words considering your on a HYBRID site! :? I think those kind of thoughts should be kept to yourself. I dont think any kind of swap is worthless' date=' its all a matter of what the person who is swapping the engine likes and dislikes.

Anyways.....I am really watching this thread and I hope someone finishes this swap soon and with LOTS of pictures! I love the Supra's and the Z's so this should make for a great car! :D

Guy[/quote']

I was reffering to his sig which stated only fast imports are v8;s swaps and 2 wheels. Well i disagree. plenty of fast imports with import motors. that was whole point. sorry it offended you or anyone. But its the truth. im mean the thread we are on is a import with a import motor.. and it will be far from slow.

Guest Your Car is Slow

Sent the pic to a friend of mine (probably the smartest supra guy I know...900hp SP74 single)...anywhoo..here are his comments

I can't tell for certain if it's a 1JZ or 2JZ. I've never looked closely enough at the 1JZ engines to notice the minor detail differences. The cam gear/spark plug cover doesn't look to be the US 2JZ-GTE version (The rim around the front isn't there on the US 2JZ-GTE), but I'm not sure what it actually is -- perhaps a JDM 2JZ-GTE, or a 1JZ.... or someone has cut the front out so the cam gears will be visible, and have put a rubber trim on it or something... Also, the intake manifold isn't a 2JZ-GTE

Soooooo....the question issssss....is it really a 2JZ GTE?