HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE 240Z Swap

cyrus

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the guy who you bought your 2jz setup from....Thats cool as hell its also going into a Z.

I am currently working on a 2jZ project for me 77 280z in Minnesota...I was going to buy his setup, but I just bought a house so the $ is a little low.

I have some videos from him at the dragstrip with the engine/trans

• 4 years later...
Guest HawtsauceZ
Thanks for posting the link. It made for good reading. The 2JZ I sourced was the one on Ebay, but after it did not sell, I contacted the seller and arranged a deal with him. It was exactly what I was looking for and set up for SDS as well. I am not too concerned about a laggy turbo. That can be overcome by running a smaller turbine housing, but really, how can a mid to high 10 second 3500 lb Supra be considered laggy :roll: ? Now take the same drivetrain and put it into a 2500-2700 lb car.

I ain't skeered!! :twisted:

I will not be doing any of the install process until after the SEZS event regardless. I also need to source a mid sump pan as mine is front sump... but I understand these to be plentiful...

Anyway, I'll be in touch as well...

mike

P.S. Don't worry Mike, I can't compete with Scottie. His 1/4 mile knowledge is beyond sheer horsepower....but hey, James beat him, so who knows?? :D

theres something encouraging

• 1 year later...

Hey Cyrus, I too have aquired a 2JZ-GTE drivetrain. It finally arrived this week from Minnesota after waiting 3.5 months...Grrr... :x

Anyway, all is now good in who-ville.

Here are the specifics on what I have and am doing...

The bottom end was refreshed and has only 200 miles on it since rebuild. It was used in a Toyota pick-up drag truck. With a T-72 turbo at 28 psi, the truck dyno-ed 679 RWHP.

I figure if I am going through the trouble of installing the drivetrain, I will not want to pull it apart right away. The head was not refreshed at the same time as the engine (found out afterdoing a leak down check ... Grrr again...), so I am refreshing the head, doing a little light porting, polishing, and adding a set of aftermarket cams (either 264's or 272's). I will be running the n/a 5-speed (until it breaks) and a 700 ft-lb sintered iron clutch (came with my drivetrain). The previous owner was running SDS, as will I (already installed in my car for the L28, so should just be plug-n-play for me). The drivetrain also included an unorthodox underdrive pulley (SDS magnets already installed), ported intake, dual feed -8 a/n fittings feeding 87 lb injectors and all accessories (alternator, starter, etc). It did not include turbo(s), but I wanted to go a little bigger anyway, probably a T-78.

I am putting an L28 back into the car for the next SEZS event (because it took so long for the engine to arrive), but plan on beginning the swap after returning from Reynolds in March. If you get to the engine mounts before I do, lemme know how you decide to do them. If I get to them first, I will let you know. I hope to start a web page documenting the process in a couple of months.

a tanabe downpipe

massive extra thick griffin radiator,

a set of supra non turbo rims and tires

apexi avc-r boost controller

a greddy bcc boost cut controller

hks sequential blow off valve

http://www.vaginalyeastinfection.com/

http://www.imaloser.com/

Edited by BRAAP
Hyperlinks adjusted. ;-)

a tanabe downpipe

massive extra thick griffin radiator,

a set of supra non turbo rims and tires

apexi avc-r boost controller

a greddy bcc boost cut controller

hks sequential blow off valve

http://www.vaginalyeastinfection.com/

http://www.imaloser.com/

This was posted 6 years ago. Pretty sure he figured it out since his Z runs low 9's now.

Oh, and nice sig......

Edited by BRAAP
Hyperlinks adjusted. ;-)

• Administrators

This was posted 6 years ago. Pretty sure he figured it out since his Z runs low 9's now.

Oh, and nice sig......

That's not a sig, its an ad and is part of his/her/its post "Spamming" the forum. Note how it was included in the reply? Sigs do not carry over in replies. This is a spammer using her typical "car forum" cut and paste to sneak past spam software and spam the forum. The loser has been banned the loser and hyperlinks adjusted to reflect character and the post left in tact as an example for others to keep an eye out for these losers.

Spammers are always trying new techniques to get in and spam, we count on you guys to help us weed out these recurring vaginal yeast infections, so as you come across these losers please report the suspect post/member or contact one of staff with a link to the suspect spammer and we'll take care it. B)