HybridZ

Nissan President swap?

Guest tx84ae

Yes i did buy a full setup already modified to drop into a Z, (engine, 4 speed trans w/modified bellhousing, carb which is a regular square bore holley!, etc). I havent had much time to work on it, im still fiddling with these inline 6's believe it or not.... :?

I have 2 major concerns about this build up.

1) Im worried i wont be able to find parts to rebuild this engine. (gaskets and seals, rings, etc)

2)The v8 starter is on the left side of the engine, making it on the drivers side of US imported Z's.

I can make my way to the garage this week to take pics, its been very busy around here lately! I havent had time to even change my shocks! :twisted:

Other than the novelty factor of having a Datsun V8 in a Dastun Z car, it seems like a complete waste of time, effort and $$$$. Replacement parts are going to be a pain to find, and HP improvement parts are likely non-existent.......so what's the up side....I don't see it...

Tim

Other than the novelty factor of having a Datsun V8 in a Dastun Z car' date=' it seems like a complete waste of time, effort and $$$$. Replacement parts are going to be a pain to find, and HP improvement parts are likely non-existent.......so what's the up side....I don't see it...

Tim[/quote']

Don't you feel better about your purchase now David? :D

If I'd come across an engine such as this when I decided to Hybridize my Z, I'd tried it first as well. Something about the challenge of using a unique engine for a conversion makes it very tempting to me, especially when this motor was in use about the same time as the Z's were being produced.

I don't know what the odds are that someone on the list has parts connections in China, but I've seen quite a lot of the older President models running around in all parts of industrial China - the hotels use them quite often for fleet and limo cars. Nice ride!

Certainly anyone is entitled to put any engine in their Z but I am with Tim on this one. OTOH, I keep thinking people put V8s in their Zs primarily for performance and to some degree, ease of maintenance. Somehow I do not see either in this swap but it sure will be unique, probably the only one in the world and I guess that stands for something.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
I swear I read "shorts" the first time.

LOL.

I read socks the first time :D

Me too, I was like..

not changing your socks all weekend? is that abnormal for a guy? :lol:

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Supercharge it! :rockon:

Oh, and ImportRacer,

You probably want to edit your post and change the way your email address is written. SPAM harvesters pull email addresses from forums and web pages when they are written like that. Try something like:

CrazyEyez_topher (at) hot mail (dot) com

Thanks for the heads up. I would have never thought spamers use message boards to steal email address.

I talked to my sister this morning though and she was telling how she found where the street races are at in her province. So if anyone needs anything car related that you could only get in china she might have better resources now to get them. Shit if there is anything else you would want we could work something out as well. I'll tell my sister to take some pics of the races down there and ill post them.

Guest Z kWick

Well if you still want the whole nissan/datsun setup, then why not look at the VH41/45? Has anyone done this? Is it even possible? Might be an interesting swap ..... :-D