HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE swap into 240Z (pics)

cyrus

I know that, I mean why would it knock with 100 Octane to pull timing.

How much boost are you running. also maybe your knock's warn out and going off too much the crystals break down and let off too much voltage and even normal engine vibration or a speed bump could set it off enough to ull timming.

I'd go with a standaloen being the best or at least a piggyback for ignition.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scottiedawg66

sickest thing i have ever seen. U should come to the supra meet on the 16th of this month in San Leandro marina! Check supraforums.com in the nor cal section if ur interested. It would be cool to BBQ and chop it up with u man.

~scott

Guest bigjoessz

hey cyrus... the car is amazing! i am in the process of looking for a wadded up supra to buy so it can donate the engine/trans/ecu etc.... for my 240 sleaper z..... i am very curious about what you did for the dash?? i read earlier that you were thinking of using the supra dash? how did that turn out? any problems? also if you or any others have comments or concerns about the supra swap please let me know!!!!!! cyrus would you do it again? or would you rather do another ls1 swap? which was easier/cheaper?

sorry if my post has lots of different questions guys, bear with me and any insight is appreciated....

again cryus, your car is an inspiration to all z owners!!!! nice work

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow! Going to use the Supora cluster too?? FWIW - Defi (pretty sure it was them) made a pretty nice tach that is a near drop-in for the Supra tach. I actually swapped it into mine and wrote it up on Supra forums - you could then dump the Autometer tach and have something pretty much stock looking. The tach I'm talking about laso has a digital display for displaying up to two other sensors and can do peak hold etc etc. - quite nice IMO!