HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE swap into 240Z (pics)

cyrus

Here is my progress for my 240Z 2JZ-GTE swap.

This engine is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is bigger than a V8! Wayyyyyyy bigger.

For any one how missed the first thread, I purchased a wrecked 1994 tt six speed supra. I pulled the engine, trans, dash, wiring, tank, lines, rear supension, wheels

I have now bought:

a tanabe downpipe

massive extra thick griffin radiator,

a set of supra non turbo rims and tires

apexi avc-r boost controller

a greddy bcc boost cut controller

hks sequential blow off valve

Marcos please paste them here.

The engine is massive, heavy and take every square inch. I still have to stuff the radiator and fan in there. But it seems fit great. I need to make mounts. The engine will be as low and back as possible. The stock supra mounts might hit the steering...

I want to tell everyone who talks about american big, heavy, V8's need to pick up this little 3.0 inline six.... I figure it is heavier than my LS1 V8.

Now this is crazy but the shifter seems to come out farther back than the stock floor hole, which if you dont know is way back! I should document this and sell it in a book. ZTF...Z's-That-Fly.

Guest ZmeFly

Im with Sleeper, damn that looks so sweet!!!

I cant wait to see the end result, just hope you help your chassis out a bit, dont want to go twisting things :twisted:

Guest KillerZees

that is soo sick. As soon as I got my 240z the first thing I thought of when I looked at the inline 6 is, man I wish i had the money to put a 2jz in (my first 2 cars were mkIII turbo supras, so I have a soft spot for them).I know there is someone else near me in orlando who is doing this swap, i wanna go for a ride in that. good luck, post the progress.

Wow....impressive and beautiful....I'm looking forward to more updates, especially the motor mounts, tranny mounts and steering issues.

By the way, if that's you in the pic with the white T-shirt, anyone tell you you look a bit like Ben Affleck (I mean that in a good way :lol: !) If that's your dad helping, that's cool. I wish my dad used to help me wrench...

Good luck!

Yasin

well I'd go with "Mr Scottie's" oppinion here and buy a huge and expensive intercooler....if you have the $$$.

But the other option is possible, my supra friend that loves to build things took a huge truck intercooler, ( that thing is huge and heavy) he cut it and re-welded it. He basicly re made a new intercooler with the existing core. Be sure to pressure test it !!! He said it wasn't so hard if you are able to weld, and that is a cheap option. So if you like to weld, go for it, just for fun.

Dayz

Man Cyrus, that is sweet. I have been procrastinating slipping my 2JZ into a 240z. I am awaiting a home for it, I just have to get my ducks in a row...

Regarding the intercooler, you don't have to make it too huge...

1100 cfm Spearco will support nearly 800 horses

here's where I picked mine up....

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/intercoolers-print.htm

You also see them on Ebay pretty regularly as well.

Keep the updates coming

Mike

Guest Grenade300

SWEET!!!!!

I love the supras, the only down side to a supra is that it is so heavy. however you are putting a supra engine is a really light body as I am sure you know. You'll be able to leave burn marks up and down your street. :rockon:

By the way, how much farther back does the shifter come out?

Guest Your Car is Slow

Awesome...give any thought into removing the stock mounts from the Z and swapping in the kmember and other motor mount arm from the supra instead of trying to fabricate mounts to fit in the stock Z location?

Regarding the intercooler' date=' you don't have to make it too huge...

1100 cfm Spearco will support nearly 800 horses

here's where I picked mine up....

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/intercoolers-print.htm

You also see them on Ebay pretty regularly as well.

Mike[/quote']

Hey Mike, I have one of the Spearco 1150 cfm IC's that looks kinda like this one

18inchic-sameside_small.jpg

I want to use it with my RB26 set up, but will have to have the end tank cut off and turned around so that the inlet/outlet will come out on oppisite sides.

I wish I could find someone to swap me one, or buy mine so I can just buy one already set up the way I need it to be facing....