HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE swap into 240Z (pics)

cyrus

Guest TeamNissan
awesome awesome car.

I wanted to do some kind of swap into a 240z but im 6'4 tall so I cant fit in a 240z so I want to do a 1jz twin turbo to single turbo into a 1972 Opel GT. to me its really close to a 240z and is made for tall people so... I just hope that a 1jz will fit. if not it will be my gas milage car with stock inline 4 :D....

keep up the good work!

I'm 6'2" and I fit in there with boots on lol, still room to spare. Opels are cool though in any event :-).

people are made different im sure. ive read some people 6 foot cant fit into a el camino but I can and im 6'4. ive thought about taking the seats out and making them lower but Im starting to really like the Opel GT. i tried to sit into two 240z and had trouble sitting in it so... I fit in my 85 300zx really nicely though, I might put a 1jz or 2jz in a 300zx if one wont fit into a opel gt. Ill just put a rb20 or sr20 into an Opel GT. that car's light weight and aerodynamics deservers a good engine. but If I cant fit into an Opel ill just get my friend to help my weld in seats lower some how:D:D

Guest TeamNissan
people are made different im sure. ive read some people 6 foot cant fit into a el camino but I can and im 6'4. ive thought about taking the seats out and making them lower but Im starting to really like the Opel GT. i tried to sit into two 240z and had trouble sitting in it so... I fit in my 85 300zx really nicely though, I might put a 1jz or 2jz in a 300zx if one wont fit into a opel gt. Ill just put a rb20 or sr20 into an Opel GT. that car's light weight and aerodynamics deservers a good engine. but If I cant fit into an Opel ill just get my friend to help my weld in seats lower some how:D:D

Well what ever makes you happy in the end lol. I would go sr20 in the opel though, just my opinion :-)

Guest TeamNissan
yea Ill have to see how big the engine bay actually is when I get one, I might go check one out next week. Sr20 is nice but im not big on inline 4's, but might just do that because its easier. people put v8s in opels but 1jz might be bigger with turbo and all

I only suggest the sr because of lbs and balance but a light v8 would be cool too. I always wanted a tiny over square v8, like a 2 liter.

ive seen a sr run in a 240sx in my town. smoked my 300zx w/15lbs on stock t3 in the cold. not to change subject but is a sr20 easy to get 300+ to 450 hp on stock internals, with bigger turbo and fuel management. if i do an engine swap I want it to own my 300zx LOL

I like the pulsar sr20, 1 throttle body for each cylinder and top mount intercooler :D LOL. but it comes with 4wd tranny, I want to know if stock sr20 rwd 5spd tranny will work. I can get a motor and all the crap for around 1500 shipped.

here is a picture 1990 http://www.venus-auto.com/images/inventory/nissan/i-n14-2.jpg

Guest TeamNissan
ive seen a sr run in a 240sx in my town. smoked my 300zx w/15lbs on stock t3 in the cold. not to change subject but is a sr20 easy to get 300+ to 450 hp on stock internals, with bigger turbo and fuel management. if i do an engine swap I want it to own my 300zx LOL

I like the pulsar sr20, 1 throttle body for each cylinder and top mount intercooler :D LOL. but it comes with 4wd tranny, I want to know if stock sr20 rwd 5spd tranny will work. I can get a motor and all the crap for around 1500 shipped.

here is a picture 1990 http://www.venus-auto.com/images/inventory/nissan/i-n14-2.jpg

Ya another or I should say ANY sr tranny will work with the pulsar sr, just get the stronger turbo trans imo. The gtir is my far sr too for the same reasons, it makes the 2nd highest hp out of the whole sr line and the itbs give it good throttle responce.

Guest TeamNissan
Do you know what the strongest one is called? and is there any way to get a 6spd

The s15 comes with a 6 speed manual that will work with the other srs but its not as strong as the turbo 5 speeds. The s14 5 speed is prob the strongest sr trans you can get. But unless you plan on going over 400hp on the 6 speed you would be fine. I would still go with the 5 speed though, the 6 speed cost a little more then twice as much even you can ever find one. Thats clutch and flywheel money right there lol.

Guest TeamNissan
Alright, thanks, max hp I want is around 400. the car comes with 80hp and weighs 2000 lbs :D it should run if rear end holds :D.

Your going to need a dif rear anyway since its not lsd lol. 400hp will blow the spiders gears out.

Guest turbo_motors

If i were to do the 2JZ swap into the 240 how much would it be engine wise(including all installation)? Also is it worth the money and time?