HybridZ

BBC Z

Guest Anonymous
I HAVE A HALF CAGE THAT GOES BEHIND THE SEAT AND THEN TIES THE REAR STRUT TOWERS TOGETHER.

Did you think that will be enough to keep the car from twisting up when you really hammer it w/good traction?

I THINK WITH THE POWER LEVEL I AM RUNNING IT IS FINE. IF YOU GET INTO THE 500-600HP RANGE I WOULD PROBABLY NEED MORE. I COULD EASILY ADD TO THE CAGE IF NEEDS IT BUT I DONT WANT TO CLIMB OVER BARS AND BRACES TO DRIVE MY CAR. I WANTED A CLEAN STREET MACHINE THAT PERFORMS WELL I THINK I HAVE ACHIEVED MY GOAL.

• 3 months later...

I didn't use the adapter plates for my car. With the extra weight and the length of the plates to really set the engine back just wasnt feasible. I fashioned my own mount that is a tubular mount that goes under the engine and then is welded to an angle iron bracket that is attached to the frame rail. its very easy to make or you can buy a universal mount from speedway motors cut it to fit between the frame rails. I like useing the angle iron bracket for the mount to attach to because it also reinforces the frame rail. the bracket i used is about 12" long.