HybridZ

Dual Turbo Q45 V8 Swap Completed

Sleek Z

Has anyone eles noticed he is using a 300z master cylinder? I thought the only good swap was a 280zx master. Has anyone eles tried this?

I have a z32 master cylinder in my 280zx (mated to the stock brake booster)' date=' and it is working just fine.

Don´t know for the 240, but since you can use a s130 master cylinder in the s30, you should be able to use the z32 as well.[/quote']

Thanks for the comment..I just may try it myself!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone eles noticed he is using a 300z master cylinder? I thought the only good swap was a 280zx master. Has anyone eles tried this?

I have a z32 master cylinder in my 280zx (mated to the stock brake booster)' date=' and it is working just fine.

Don´t know for the 240, but since you can use a s130 master cylinder in the s30, you should be able to use the z32 as well.[/quote']

Thanks for the comment..I just may try it myself!!

Just be sure to check the lenght of the pin between the MC and the booster, might need some adjustment on the lenght.

And the holes on the z32 MC need to be slightly elongated, atleast to fit the s130 booster.

Good luck!

OK, just received a trickle of updated info from Yuki Komiya, the builder of the dual turbo Nissan V8 swap. I will publish it all in a more organized fashion at ZPARTS.COM in a few days, but here are a few highlights, as I understand the builder to be claiming.

Yuki Komiya was the designer and builder of the entire dual turbo, VH-45 V8 car project, including engine upgrades, suspension, body mods and interior. He had some backup help from his 2 car business fellow workers with some of the welding and paint, but he claims that he was "the man" that did virtually all the work. He said his project took 5 years to complete.

Mr. Komiya is 30 years old. His profession is "building custom cars" He and two others run a "tuning shop" in Japan called "RISING" which appears to me, from what he says, to be very active in campaigning super dooper modified, older Nissan based "drag cars" at the main tracks in Japan.

He claims the following for his 450Z

HP = 720 hp ! (Not sure what type or what measuring method or calculation was used, but I will work on getting that clarified)

Torque = 100 kgm

weight of car = 1080 kg

estimated 1/4 mile time = aproximately 10 sec

"goal drag time: 9 sec flat!!"

--Can anyone here convert the metric units above into US measure for me to publish? Send conversions to eric@zparts.com

And about the Rising LS Sunny car that I mentined in a previous post that Mr. Komiya reported at the track last weekend, here is what he had to say.

My boss owned that SUNNY.

make:Nissan

base model:1976 B110 Sunny

engine: L6 3.2L without turbo & NOS

body:original full pipe frame made by my boss

1/4 mile time last week = 9.883 secs

His closing comment about the Rising LS Sunny car, in broken English, was, "9.883 sec is fast right!"

OK, gang, there's your "daily dose" of hybridz "tales of wonder" Who's gonna go up against this guy next for the ultimate 2004 HybridZ Project of the year award? :lol:

Hi guys, just want to add that Z-TARD hit the nail on the head about the pipework, it's most definitely Titanium hence the welding every inch or so, it can't be bent cause it will split or crack & it's the in thing over in Japan.

Very light & expensive to say the least.

Nick.

P.S. UNBELIEVABLE TRANSFORMATION

• 5 weeks later...
Guest OrangeCountyZ

This car is incredible. I always wanted to put an nissan/infiniti V8 in a car. I could never imagine someone twin turboing one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mukrat

Interesting I found this now...

I was talking to the top dog of Nismo in the US yesterday. We where talking about my idea on transplanting an LS1 into the 350Z. Ofcourse being a hardcore Nissan fellow he didnt like the idea. So I asked him if he had better ideas, and well... he did :P

Now I am specing out a Nissan VK45 V8. He seems to think it would "bolt right in" to a 350Z, a definete bonus! But any mods to the engine etc will have to be all custom since theres really no aftermarket for such the engine or such a transplant.

Then I see this post and couldnt help tihnking... Dam thats the same idea I had! Only this is MUCH prettier then what I will be doing.

Very nice work, my hats off to the builder.

I've had a set of titanium headers (for a motorcycle) in my hand and the tubes were mandrel bent. The tubes were about 1.5" in diameter, so this smaller size may have an effect on the ability to bend titanium tubing, but talk about LIGHT WEIGHT!

Er, you can mandrel bend Ti tubing. You can even buy prebent mandrel sections. (http://www.burnsstainless.com/TitaniumTube/titaniumtube.html) Like Terry, I've had Ti motorbike exhaust headers in my hand before, and they are certainly lightweight and have mandrel bends. The pie-cut method of bends (as seen in the photos of the V8TT car) are just a JDM aesthetic fad... or tradition if you prefer.

• 4 weeks later...

I had actually been planning on swapping this engine in my car and after seeing those pictures I definitely want to do it. The only thing I would change is I would have 1 turbo. I don't really like the idea of having two turboes... especially since you have to buy two of everything and I'm poor. :lol: