HybridZ

where can i get pistons...

Guest Straight6

Guest Straight6

bored my block .30 over.. now i need pistons..

anyone know a place to order from?

preferably forged, but will take cast..

leave me some feedback. thanks

You can get them from any piston maker, ie Ross, JE, Arias, ect, you just need to send them one of yours so they get the measurements right. You will likely have to get the small ends of your rods bushed for floating pistons pins, and should let the piston maker send you the pins BEFORE getting that done.

There is alot of info out there concerning forged pistons, the search fucntion, if its working, should really help.

Maybe I missed something, but is that straight 6 of yours an L24 or an L28 bore? Sterling pistons make an L28 oversize piston with a compression ht. compatible with the longer L24 rod (133mm). These are cast pistons. DAW

If you want custom forged pistons, try BRC Performance. Ordered a set about two years ago when I rebuilt my friends engine and they were by far the cheapest I could find. Quite a few Z31 guys have ordered from them and everyone has been happy with the quality. Not sure if their prices are the same but they were about $475 for 6. Turnaround time is about 3 weeks.