HybridZ

Beware of George G. Robbins (aka: reddat)!!!

texasz

Just a warning to all who buy Z parts online, there's a guy on eBay that is located in Houston, Tx. that sells Z parts on eBay under the name reddat who's real name is GEORGE G. ROBBINS and contact info is:

email: sprydat@houston.rr.com

George G. Robbins

18231 Spruce Creek Dr.

Houston, TX. 77084

This guy really gives the Z crowd a bad name by selling falsely advertised items. When asked for a better description and provided a picture he assurred me that what I provided a picture of is what he was selling but when it arrived it was something completely different. I then send a picture of his item and what he said it was side by side and he still could not see the obvious differences! Refused to take the item back then told me to "get a life". This guy is a worldclass jerk! Please be careful if you choose to do business with him...he'll also screw you on shipping (charged me $10 on something he only paid $3.53 to send in a reused box).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rwreber

Overall, looks like his ebay feedback is pretty good. But, if you read through it for the past few months, it seems that overpricing on shipping is a fairly common thread. I live in the Houston area and, when I first got my Z, I noticed this guy had a lot of NOS stuff on ebay. So, I e-mailed him saying that I was going to be needing a good source for the kind of parts he typically sold and, since we were both in the Houston area, would it be possible to pick up items I would buy from him so I could avoid the shipping charges. He e-mailed back that, "You can afford my shipping...I don't charge much." My response: I'll buy from somebody else.

I bought some stuff from him too. Took a long time to ship, (10 days until it left his hands) and he charged me excessive shipping. I bought two items, he charged me $6.25 each to ship, put them in the same box, and sent the whole box for $1.10. :P

Yeah it's only a few bucks, and I don't mind being charged $25 shipping for something that costs $20 to ship, but this transaction with reddat rubbed me the wrong way.

• 5 years later...
Guest zverybest

Although this thread started in 2004, it's 2010 now and good ole George is up to the same thing. His new info is:

George G Robbins Jr

ICON_home.gif

4023 Heathersage Dr

Houston, TX 77084-4209

(281) 855-1780

He got me for $35 over the actual shipping, sent a badly beat-up part that looks nothing like the picture in Ebay, and also delayed me so long that PayPal shut the case down, I'm out the highly overpriced part and out the money too.

I won an auction from him for a "brand new old stock early type 240z center console". I was happy paying the little extra because I thought it was worth it for my project since I have sourced out everything else new for the interior(not an easy task). When I got it, it was new all right, but it was not an original. It was a cheap repop made out of fiberglass, almost 1/2 inch thick in some places and 3/8 thick for the rest. It was not the nice pretty original one in the picture on the add, I even had to cut out the ash tray hole and the choke/hazard switch plate hole. But technically it was new, and it did fit the original early type parts, so you know how that goes. I can supply pictures if anyone cares to see them.

I bought 280Z fender emblems from him a couple years back that where in "excellent condition, with two pins missing" and got some faded old looking ones with the chrome peeling and double sided tape on the backs because the where missing all but one or two pins on the back. I asked him about it and he said " What do you expect for 10.00?" They where unuseable and went to the trash.

I bought some belt mouldings from him for 280 that are not right,They look right until I tried ti install them,there is no contour to the so the won't stay on the door,I bought 240 ones right from nissan and they fit perfect just not the right ones.

Guest zverybest

This guy is really good at knowing how to work the system. He kept holding us off from reporting it to PayPal by saying that he would take the return (I sent it to him) and kept saying the money was coming but PayPal had already taken it out of the account and it was en route to us.

By the time we caught on, the PayPal case had been closed and we are out $175 plus overpriced shipping to us (of which he keeps a large cut) and the radio as well as the cost of shipping it BACK to him.

Incidentally, it was supposedly perfect for a remodel (it was in worse shape than the one I had).

His ratings are pretty good on Ebay because he knows if he stalls you long enough, you can't report it or give him bad feedback. :fmad:

Ebay is a breeding ground for frauds. I've spent thousands of dollars on ebay but no more. If I can't look the guy in the eye while I'm holding the item, I don't buy it. We have an expression in my little town, "Keep your contractors (or sellers) within strangling distance".

And Meg Whitman want's to be our next governor.

I also had an unpleasant eBay transaction with this clown. I won two auctions from him, an underhood label and a set of spark plug wire looms. He sent me two PayPal bills for the transactions and the shipping charge for the label was $10 and the shipping for the looms was a surprising $20. I asked him to combine the shipments into one box and re-quote and so he sent me a bill that had a $30 shipping charge (!). WTF. We eventually agreed at a $10 shipping charge and he sent both my items in a regular sized envelope and the actual postage was like 95¢.

I won an auction from him for a "brand new old stock early type 240z center console". I was happy paying the little extra because I thought it was worth it for my project since I have sourced out everything else new for the interior(not an easy task). When I got it, it was new all right, but it was not an original. It was a cheap repop made out of fiberglass, almost 1/2 inch thick in some places and 3/8 thick for the rest. It was not the nice pretty original one in the picture on the add, I even had to cut out the ash tray hole and the choke/hazard switch plate hole. But technically it was new, and it did fit the original early type parts, so you know how that goes. I can supply pictures if anyone cares to see them.

That’s sounds like the console he bought from me. I originally bought an early 240Z reproduction console from Motorsport Auto several years ago for $150. I stored it (unopened) in its shipping box for about two years (until I needed it) and when I finally opened the box to install it I discovered that it was a rather poor reproduction. Disgusted, I put it on eBay with full disclosure of it’s condition and as a result it sold for the opening bid of only $45. Reddat was the only bidder.

A few weeks later I noticed he was selling a “new†early 240Z console for almost $300. The listing implied that it was a NOS part and none of the problems with the console were mentioned. Maybe it was a coincidence? But I don’t think so….

I had dealing with him but mostly as a buyer prospector. I dumped some crap on him I had no use for....he seemed very eager to gobble it up. He bought it cheap and turned it around to offer it for double what he paid. I screwed my self by not giving him Red Dat shipping prices. I charge the price of postage and mailing supplies. I try to reuse envelopes and boxes if I can. I don't charge for my time or the little gas it costs to go to the post office or Fed/Ex.