HybridZ

Beware of George G. Robbins (aka: reddat)!!!

texasz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can you confirm this?

Remember reading about it several times. Here is one off the above links.

He buys aftermarket MSA Series1 center console for a double price not specifying "aftermarket" product. Also when I bought "Genuine NOS" inner shift boots for my over sea customer from him, it took him 3 weeks. It turned out that he ordered through Black Dragon (aftermarket) and took off the lables off the bags. Same thing happend to me when I bought "Genuine NOS" window molding (made by Black Dragon) .

This guy lives 10 minutes from me according to either of those addresses listed. I bought a $5 "NOS" part from him that I later found out was available at nissanparts.cc for 60 cents or a dollar at the local dealer. That was my bad for not doing my research to find the part number. He did charge me $4 shipping for the part which was mailed in an envelope with a stamp.

Not exactly illegal or immoral but something that made me decide to avoid buying anything from him in the future. Boxing up a part and driving to a UPS or FEDEX store or standing in the line at the post office deserves some compensation. Addressing an envelope could too but 1000% markup is a little too much. Bottom line is that he is providing a service and if people are willing to pay his price then more power to him. I doubt that he gets much repeat business though.

I miss my z31.com parts fiche where I could look up the danged part number and shop around :-(

I seriously think this guy should be paid a visit. My dad bougt ALOT and i mean alot of interior parts from him when he was restoring/changin to black and just off the top of my head, most all plastci "like new" pieces were scratched badly and the steering wheel that was suppose to be "nice" was cracked all the way around like GOUGED, when asked he said "it is nice for a 30 year old part." If i lived ten minutes away id let him know what i thought either to his face or while he was sleeping.

I have made it a point to not deal with this vendor. After purchasing an item last year from him the postage he charged was at least 10 times what he actually paid and the item also had inferior packaging so it arrived damaged. When I took him to task on these issues i got a smartass reply then after that he simply chose not to respond. I cannot understand how he maintains a decent rating on Ebay. Maybe we all need to just make a point of not buying from this vendor and pass that information on somehow.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zverybest

I'm the one who resurrected this thread (with George's new info).

UPDATE: We got VERY lucky and won our money back, but only because a representative from PayPal mistakenly promised us that we would. This turns out to be against PayPal's policy (as reddat knows).

PayPal told us that normally reddat (George)'s plan would have worked. He stalled us until the case was closed, and when PayPal closes a case, it stays closed. The ONLY reason we got the money back wasn't due to PayPal, but due to a PayPal error and our insistence that they live up to their promises to re-open the case.

As for George (reddat) - he doesn't get tons of negative feedback because he's good at stalling you with promises until the time for feedback is expired. Also, if he games you just right (as he almost did with PayPal), you're out the money, too!

However, we complained enough to PayPal about the exorbitant shipping charges, that apparently George is now including them. This is where he made the lion's share of his profit, as Ebay won't charge him a percentage of shipping fees. At least we've damaged his game a little.

I do think a bunch of us could buy little parts from him, then leave him terrible feedback.

Paybacks are hell.

i've watched his auctions for years. totally agree for the bend-over shipping pricing. he used to not list the shipping then surprise you when the auction was over [z friends told me this].

he also seems to not understand what nos stands for. new old stock = stuff that wasn't made yesterday but years ago and has been sitting somewhere on a shelf or in storage. in his case it means any datsun parts he has available to list & sell on fleabay.

there are even some parts he lists as nos that nissan never offered for sale. example, his door lock gaskets. they were never in nissan parts fiche.

buyer beware here.

Find him. Bring the bat, gloves, tyvek suit, and full face shield. Use it. Burn the bat, gloves, tyvek suit, along with the face shield.

Walk away from the fire calmly, in clean, sanitary clothes.

Pick up the celphone from the truck stop shrubberies, after making a scene about the bill.

Smile every time you think about it...

"For Entertainment Purposes Only"

You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together. And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ♥♥♥♥, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".