HybridZ
datfreak

Weber jets??All who live for their triples please read this

I had the issue when doing some tuning for a friend. It happened the brackets holding the pushrods where too close to the carbs, they were rubbing against carb body. We had to add some washers between the carb and the brackets to get some extra clearance. It could also be because the nut of butterfly shaft is too tight.

Try to remove the bracket/hardware to control carbs and check if they are still sticky. Your carbs are most likely fine.

We're back online!

Many thanks to the admins for restoring "Reply to Post" functionality.

EDIT -- I mistakenly thought I was posting the below post to my engine thread. Oh well! It seems appropriate for this thread too.  :)

I have been kicking the "chassis dyno R&D" can down the road long enough. I have an appointment for Friday, May 4, 2018.

Unfortunately, an air box will not be an option. However, I plan on doing intake volumetric efficiency research with regard to venturi diameters (38mm and 40mm) and the effects of various velocity stacks ("air horns" / "trumpets").

Here are my top air horn picks I am considering:

In my mind, a given length is best, and a given shape is best. These are not necessarily mutually exclusive. I predict the adjustable length will show a "good performance range," and choosing various shapes within this range would reveal optimal combination(s) for a given application. Again in my case I seek a wide, flat torque curve and not peak HP.

Perhaps the data will be clear, but I predict a butt dyno / road test will likely have to confirm / deny the winner(s), especially if some combinations are comparable. WOT hp numbers are not what wins an autocross race.

If anyone is interested in contributing their 45mm air horn shape to this shared research, please message me. I would be happy to return them to you after chassis dyno testing is complete.

Alternatively, air horns, race fuel and dyno time are effing expensive. If anyone is feeling charitable and wishes to donate some coin, that would be appreciated. This project is financed by credit and cash loans; I'm "all-in" with this S30 project. Maybe some others relate?

Some say gains won't be made here. Perhaps in peak hp this is true, but in terms of area under the curve, I defer to Ferrari and other performance companies who have engineered variable length intakes. If it was a gimmick, it wouldn't be on a supercar.

We don't have this data publicly available for our L6s. Let's change that.

Edited by zredbaron

Maby some of you weber gurus can point me in the right derection her. 

I got a stock l2,6 with full z story exhaust. 

And i have 45mm webers on it. (Got Then with the car (new in box) )

What is a good starting point her? Any rule of tumb on This? My tuner recomeneded me now to order f11 tubes 55f6 idle and 30mm (36mm in Then now) chokes for them. Got alot of option on mains for it from 130-175 i think i was. Air is 170 if i dont remember wrong. 

Hope some one can point me to a start her. Having trubble making it run. Bogs AS soon AS we are trying to rev it if we are not carfull. 

Thank you.