HybridZ

Yes Ive done it 350 oldsmobile in a 74 260 man what power!!!

Guest scarab260z

Guest scarab260z

Every one told me it coldnt be done easy but ive found a way. I had to have Gm's best 350 every one knows the old's, buick and pontiac 350s all have thicker cylinder walls than the regular chevy 350 I couldnt let what people say discourage me from putting it in my z. i wanted the old's. Now as you should know that oldsmobile motor mounts are offset from each other three inches unlike the chevy 350's which are even making the chevy supposively easier to put in but im here to tell you you can have a old's with about the same amount of work and the olds sets father back tha the chevy 350 making a better weight distribution and the cylinders hold more heat making it a better motor to build. If any one needs to know how to do this email me at stricklandp@bellsouth.net

this conversion kicks but lol i cant control the olds 350 to much power for the little car lol i guess the turbo 400 trany doesnt help tires from spinning at 30 mph either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest scarab260z

thanks i havent had the chance to take it to the track yet but i will in november in commerce georgia. i hope to get the results ive wanted outta a v8 in a z. my friend has a ford mustang fastback 67 i believe it is he wants to race me there 1/4 mile he has a stock 302 i wonder if the little z car can take that ol mustang lol what do you think ?

Guest scarab260z

oh yea i wonder if anybody nows anything about the scarab z car and where i can find info on them im interested in painting my car like on and i eant to find the scarab beetle emblem that goes on the hood i wish i knew where to find one if anyone knows any info please post

• 3 weeks later...

I run across local area persons (land of the former SCARAB FACTORY) offerring pairs of original emblems occassionally. Last set I was contact about, asking price was $500.

If you can locate the elusive Brian Morrow, original owner of the Scarab business, he might have a few pairs for sale. Last I heard he surfaced in Salinas, CA and once had a contact address in Oakland, CA, but no one I know has seen sighted him in the past 2 years.

• 2 months later...
Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I know a guy with an Olds 350 in his 280Z. He used to have a 455 in it until he spun a rod bearing. The 455 is 1" taller, 1" wider, and 80lbs heavier than the 350, but in basic bolt-on form you can get 500hp/575tq. I have a buildup from Hot Rod magazine detainling the parts necessary.

I forgot to mention that the way he did it was he used the Scarab kit and then used motor mounts for a 73-87 Chevy pickup with an olds diesel engine. It bolted right in.