HybridZ

6 throttle setup with stock efi system??

fl327

Being a parts packrat and a guy that loves to make things work where they usually dont and maybe shouldnt, I have misc. parts from nissan/chevy/honda/toyota parts scattered everywhere, and often go on tangents in the garage making them work in my zcar and my truck. Well, heres my latest tangent, not the last one im sure. I have on hand six throttle bodies from stock L series manifold, 50mm i think? I also have an old cannon triples manifold and wanted to join them. I was going to line them up and make up an adapter, and devise a way to join them so one tps reads throttle position of all six, like the 20v toyota motor does.

Throttle would be actuated by a reworking of the stock ball linkage and would have to modified quite a bit im sure. I know I would also have to fab a plenum to house the itbs as well. I also want to use eccs from the z31 with this setup. I cant think of why it wouldnt work ok with some tuning, as with the joined tps linkage and a setup throttle linkage the throttles would be at the same place at the same time, I could see some variance between cylinders but at the same time I have pretty low hp expectations at this point. Looking for advice on why it may or may not work, and what I should look out for, I understand a standalone would work better for this application, but hey im just trying to make the best out of used parts that would otherwise get scrapped. Thanx guys.