HybridZ

VQ30DET

Guest 8UrVtech

Guest 8UrVtech

Hey has anyone ever done a Nissan 300ZX TT Swap into a Z? I've been toying with the idea but havent found any information on it or if it is even possible.

Guest POKINATCHA

Well, that depends on which engine you're talking about. The 300ZX TT ran a VG30DETT, while the engine in the thread title is the newer Japanese market turbo variant of the VQ30DE, and is found in the Gloria and Cedric. I believe that there have been a couple of VG turbo swaps, but as far as I know, nobody has transplanted a VQ series engine. I think the main difficulty with the VG swap is it's width, and with the VQ having larger bores (87mm vs. 93mm) it might end up being a pretty tight fit. Hope that helps.

Guest Z kWick
Well, that depends on which engine you're talking about. The 300ZX TT ran a VG30DETT, while the engine in the thread title is the newer Japanese market turbo variant of the VQ30DE, and is found in the Gloria and Cedric.

Actually according to Autospeed the vq30det came in the last JDM Fairlady, dont know if its true or not but I can see where 8UrVtech is coming from. [EDIT: although true its not a TT]

Ive put the article up on a server http://www.geocities.com/kurt111_2000/nissanengines if anyone wants a look.

So anyway, keep talking :D I might be looking at this swap aswell and I need more encouragement than 'go do it' .... discuss discuss

Guest zline

nothing to discuss

its a good engine

makes good power

really light

should be easy to swap in

comes in cedrics/glorias

vq30de in 00-01 maxima with z33/v35 mission would be good if you wanted n/a

but 1uz-fe is one of the best enignes for the Z car..