HybridZ

RWD RB26DETT sheetmetal oil pan pics

240Z Turbo

As some may know I am making 9 sheet metal oil pans for a RWD configuration for the RB26 motor. This mockup pan is being sent to Russ to verify its design. Once complete I will make 9 of these bad boys. The flanges have been cnc'd and all will be professionally TIG welded.

rboilpan1.jpg

rboilpan2.jpg

Guest Aguyandaredhead

WIth the multiple bolt pattern will this bolt up to my Rb25det? And if you think so if I buy it and it does not will you take it back? If so I will take one. When will production on the final design take place?

Thanks

Jeff

nice looking pan james

the pan will work only on the rb26. it will not work on the s13-s15 as it is a front sump and this design is a rear sump. the stock gtr pan is used when the 26 is put in the silvia. if you get a rb25 with a oil pan on it it should work. All the rb configurations in japan are front sump except the rb20 z31.

Are all the pans spoken for?

nice looking pan james

Are all the pans spoken for?

Clint, this is very strange. Why would you post anything to me?

You can make threats, curse at me and kick me off your Yahoo Group, but it doesn't work on HybridZ. I do not care for you Clint and will not be selling you anything. Go find someone else to take advantage of in the Zcar community.

I believe Russ will be fabricating the pickups for this pan and I will add a baffle system based on his pickup. I will sell them with the pans at an increased price. I will have to wait until he does all this so the details can be finalized. FYI, I do not have one of these motors and was doing this to help out folks who are undertaking this swap. The quality of these pans will be as good as pans produced by Morosso, but at half the cost.

WTF!!!! So your gonna bring it here to?

Well that shows me what kind of person you are. You did start the entire thing and did ask to be removed so go figure. :roll:

At any rate i dont hold grudges but it looks you are the type that does. So you can keep your silly little pan I dont need it.

It still looks good though. I still cant believe this is all over me bartering with you over the price of a turbo (or is it).

And who did i take advantage of?????

Guest JAMIE T

I can't tell in the pics, are the pan rails going to be 3/8" or similar? Which I'd recommend for that item.

BTW, they do look nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Russ ran a trial fit of the pan and it fits in his setup. Clearance between pan and front crossmember is about .5". He did state the pan had to be put into place once the motor was in the car. No way to get it in if you are putting in engine/trans as one because of the angle required. Also, it will be a good idea to purchase the mounts from Brad D to set the motor back as far as possible so you have the proper pan clearance. He will be making the oil pickup and I will duplicate them along with a baffling system.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...