HybridZ

motor mounts and motor for Z

Here are some pics of the motor mounts I told you about previously they were built about 15-20yrs. ago.

and the LSC motor on the test stand, It's running good, going to change the plugs and plug wires. And see if I can dial in the AVS a little more.

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

Guest 305240

Out of couriosity, how far does those mounts put the motor forward? Looking at them, they seem to put the motor a bit higher too. Do they bolt up to the stock Z mounts? I'm using the stock Z mounts but My rise on my fabed mounts are only 2". I have them bolted to the engine mount plates. Altogether, they are 9" long. That leaves me with plenty of room for everything. The C-4 bolted up to the stock tranny cross member after I drilled 2 holes in it.

There's plenty of room between the engine and firewall, if I made some more I'd probably move the engine about 1/2-1 in. farther back. There's room to get to the front sump oil plug without any problem. the hood clears the air filter with an edelbrock intake also. These bolt onto the Ford block and to the stock Datsun motor mount. If you are making some serious horsepower an engine strap would be a good idea as the added length could twist the stock mount quite a bit. The engine I have in mine is a .30 over 302 with ported and polished '69 351 heads, haven't had a problem with it in over 15 yrs. I made a trans. mount out of 1" square tubing and welded a piece of 1/4" thick angle iron to the back of it, moved it back as far as I could in the Datsun attachment points and drilled the holes for the ford trans. mount.

I'm at the Firestation today so can't measure the setback of the mounts, I'll get if for you tomorrow if you need it.

Adios Amigos,

• 1 year later...
Guest 305240

Welcome back Capt Zorro. Havn't heard from in you awhile. I scrapped the 5.0/240 swap because I found a better body. I actually gave away the 240 body (with title). It wasn't really in that bad of shape. I have a 74 260 that's one of the straightest I've seen. Then....I find this sweet 77 with a 260 4bbl on it. I keep that and am building the 260 for my son. I talked with him over an hour on yahoo messenger yesterday. He's currently in Iraq for the second time. This will be his comming home present from me. Everything we have discussed on the forum here he is in favor of. Even down to the same color I'm painting mine. Guess I'll have to post some father/son Z pics when they are done. In two weeks I order the gunmetal metallic urithane paint. They are going to be some bas a$$ Z cars!

• 3 years later...