HybridZ

Q45 cv adapters billet--pics

mas28O

OK' date=' refresh my memory.... these are to be used with what to mate up to a stock 70-78 Z Car stub axle companion flange/?

I saw the Q45 part in the heading, but please fill in the rest for me/us.... :D

They look very nice.

thank you

joel[/quote']

I guess what I meant to ask is what if anything is different about these adaptors compared to others being made up for the R230 swap?

I really am serious about swapping out to the R230, and was wondering if these make the swap any easier than using others?

They are very nice looking, and I'd like to buy a pair, but need to know what exactly else do I need to come up with, other than the obvious (R230, adaptors) ?

Are new stub axles still avail? My buddy TimO just had one snap at the bolt/spline area this weekend, on his 240zt.

Or can a used set be massaged into being stronger than they normally would ?

thanks again for any help with this subject

joel

I have had tons of email asking me about how these adapters work.The next few pictures will show the installation process of the adapters.

The first picture is me cleaning the flange with an abrasive pad or wire wheel. The tolerance on the adapters are tight so all the flanges need a good cleaning.

DSC01031.sized.jpg

The second picture shows the recessed holes for the 10MM allen head bolts.There is no need to drill out your flanges to a standard bolt size,that's where you loose material on the factory flange which makes it weaker.The companion flange is also recessed into the CV adapter 1/8" for added sheer strength.

DSC01032.sized.jpg

The third picture is showing the CV adapter being bolted to the Datsun companion flange.

DSC01033.sized.jpg

DSC01041.sized.jpg

Here it is completed

DSC01050_001.sized.jpg

Guest iskone

So how much HP do you estimate that this setup using the R230 can handle?

Is it's strength comparable to that of using the custom shafts and 2 inner r230 cv shafts(4 total)?

Hi Adapters will be ready in 2 weeks. Cost-------$225 for the pair.

BBC Z I am using the Q45 flange and u-joint on my car.

iskone With this adapter you will still need 4inner cv's and a custom axle.

So how much HP do you estimate that this setup using the R230 can handle?

I have been using the q45 diff now for about a year, I car has seen alot of track use. So far nothing has broken.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...