HybridZ

Stock 280z w/ SDS injection maps?

Guest steves280

Guest steves280

I've got a 77 Z with an 82 L28E, mild ported head, stock cam and pistons, header, 60mm TB and ported N42 intake w/new stock sized nissan 190cc/min injectors (off crashed 300Z with a fresh recall set!). Right now I'm running a 530i BMW AF meter w/ Z AF meter board installed on a fab'd 3 inch cold air tube using the stock computer.

I've bought an SDS as I plan more radical engine mods later (flat tops and big cam etc) that I know the stock FI can't handle very well. Plus I just want to get rid of the gate AF meter altogether and wanted something adjustable. I've done the Z31 EFI swap on customers cars and while it worded OK, I wanted to try something different on mine.

Anyway is someone here running an SDS system with the 1 bar map sensor on a basically stock engine (or at least stock injectors) that can supply a starting point for a map? SDS has a couple of sample maps for a toyo 2.8 with stock injectors using 150-160 for the RPM fuel settings and another engine using stock injectors using these same numbers. Is this a pretty close setting to get started for what I'm running? I plan on getting this system installed later this week and of course want this to be as painless as possible. TIA

Steve

Send me you e-mail address and I will send you an Excel spreadsheet you can use. I ended up with TPS load sensing and disconnected the MAP. I have some numbers that should get you in the ballpark. You really need a wide-band O2 sensor like the Inovate LM-1 to dial it in precise.

Guest steves280
Send me you e-mail address and I will send you an Excel spreadsheet you can use.

It's fotocord@yahoo.com and yea after I get it close, I'm going to a buddies shop who has a dyno. Thanx for any help you can throw my way.

Steve