HybridZ

Introducing myself and my Z

Guest 240zoom

Welcome 240zoom, Looking very nice and clean for mock-up. Can't wait to see final fitment. You're right on about those BMW oil systems. The Mrs. drives nothing but BMWs and I've been amazed at those engines! Over 100k mls and no oil leaks? I couldn't believe it, if I hadn't seen it for myself. Those motors are awesome. Good choice and good luck. Thanks for hooking up here and sharing the project. Lots of info in previous posts on this site, glad to see you here.

Welcome 240Zoom... I chose to run drysump but the complete drysump system ended up costing about $1000 it's worth it though in my opinion. What are you doing for exhaust? Vela Rossa tho? sheesh - so there's going to be two BMW V12 powered GTO's out there.. and I thought I was unique..

I've been toying with a one off intake to put 6 pairs of velocity stacks in a row down the center, but it's a work in progress

Glenn, thanx for alerting me about the thread :)

Chelle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest bastaad525

Very nice, indeed.

There is one other person who pops his head in on the boards every once in a while... he has a Jaguar V12 in his... man but that thing left NO room in the engine bay it really looked like a tight squeeze. Hard to tell from your pic but the initial impression is that one is a much better fit, still leaving plenty of room in the engine bay. Very impressive and sure to be one hell of a fast and SMOOTH Z when it's done (Only ever sat in one V12 car while it ran and it was like butter, almost no determinable idle vibration).

240zoom,

Just wanted to add in case you hadn't seen my other posts in another thread - you need to go even lower with this engine when installing in a GTO style body. The hood is lower that the stock Z hood.

Chelle