HybridZ

solex mikini's whats everyone running?

datfreak

Proper jetting is going to be hugely different based on what size engine, cam, exhaust, intake manifold, 40, 44, or 50 carbs, etc. etc.

Best thing to do is find a Mikuni manual. They are not terribly detailed but they will give you an idea of what each circuit does. Also the How to Modify your Nissan/Datsun L series has a pretty good section that has most of the info that the Mikuni manual has, and a little more in some instances.

The best thing I did was to install a narrow band O2 sensor. I tried for a while to use plug color etc, and I made as much progress in 2 weeks of having the O2 as I did in 2 months of screwing with it with no sensor. People will tell you that you need a wideband, but I now know of 3 other people using narrowband with good success, and 2 of them have verified the accuracy of their narrowband against a wideband on a dyno.

Oh, and be prepared to shell out some cash for jets.

I'm running Triple Solex 40mm DCOE's and are having trouble with them.

I'm using the Mikuni Short Runner Manifold, and an electrical fuel pump (Holley Blue regulated down to three PSI)

I bought them from the "Italian Carb Guy" and rebuilt them. Where can I get jets, floats, and needles for these guys?

http://www.rebelloracing.com/

Make sure you verify all parts to be ordered. I've ordered from them a couple times, and gotten the wrong stuff a couple times.

On the plus side the guys at Rebello are super helpful over the phone. Tell them what engine, cam, chokes, carbs, etc you have and they can get you at least roughly in the ballpark.

Nissan Comp has very little left, and I guess the Malvern guy died... :cry: