HybridZ

Any HybridZ Members Serving in Iraq or Afghanistan?

johnc

I work as a civilian A&P/ Avionics Tech on the C-23 Sherpa for the Texas Army National Guard. The unit I am working for just returned from a year in Iraq last February.

I have heard stories from the guys about their tour and I appreciate what our servicemen are doing. Our unit could possibly rotate back over in a couple years or sooner, so at some point I might be over there myself.

I really enjoy working with the people in this unit and it is hard to imagine a better place to work. My hat is off to all the rest of the people serving and who have served in our armed forces and I am proud to be a part of this unit.

God bless America!

Jacob Stahle

C-23 FSR, Det2, Co H, 171st Avn

Austin, TX

75 280Z wanna-be auto-x car

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest publisher
Anyone? Does anyone know a member serving in those two countries?

I am in awe of our servicemen and women deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan (and across our globe) and take great pride in the recent US Army 4th Battalion 159th Aviation Regiment Certificate of Appreciation presented to Sport Z Magazine.

We feel somewhat unworthy of such an honor and hope to be truly deserving one day.

Here is our continuing commitment to our troops. If any member of Hybrid Z has mailing addresss of anyone serving in Iraq or Afganistan, please send them my way and I'll send them a copy of our Summer 2005 issue (coming your way right now) to each of every one of them. If you communicate with any of our servicemen or servicewomen, ask them if they could use extra copies to share with their buddies. If so, let me know and we'll make it happen.

BTW, if anyone would like to read the Certificate of which I speak; check out Straightaway (From the Publisher) in the Spring 2005 issue.

Press On.

Bob

• 1 month later...

Didn't see this thread earlier =/. My best friend has been serving since the begining of the Iraqi war.My father served 3 years with the Army, although it was in beetween wars. My uncle served 6 years in Vietnam and saw just about everything you wouldn't want to think about. My cousin left his home in Italy to visit his wife and kid in Bosnia, he arrived to a war torn village to find his 3 year old hung and his wife shot 3 times in the face and raped. He's been fighting since 1994 and is still fighting, he refuses to stop untill all the death camps are gone or he gets killed. He's been shot 14 times in a period of 11 years. My father served his country because there was nothing else for him. My uncle server the people next to him because that was all that mattered, same goes for my friend. My cousin is doing it for himself and the people he lost, and I doubt i'll see him again. I've considered joining up, but right now im too young, and in my honest opinion I don't think any war is right, and the only way this war is, is if you've lost somebody. A video my cousin sent me, to send to someone who could help, as he put it, made me litteraly sick. I never sent it as I thought I would be arrested because of the gruesome content.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest gpark009

I did 3 rotations in the Middle East 1 in Afgan (72 hours after sept 11th i was on the ground) and 2 in Iraq(1st for the war then returned to train iraqi soldiers)

3rd Ranger Battalion

3rd Infantry Division

82nd Airborne

Now Stationed at Beautiful (coughbull****) Fort Sill, OK.

I served in the 1st Gulf war in the USMC from Aug 90 thru April 91. Having been there, I definately want to thank anyone serving there now and defending our way of life here. I had personally seen the atrocities Saddam's regime inflicted on his own people, think of what more he could have done elsewhere in the world if left unchecked. Semper Fi. Rick

Rick I was there too! HQ Battery 11th Marines!!! OOh Rahh...Semper Fi brother!

Terry

Was in Baqubah, Iraq since January. Arrived in Kuwait a couple days ago and should be here until Feb. Recently bought an unfinished Z and can't wait to get back and finish it. Have about two years left and plan on getting out. The Army isn't a good place to be if you are a true car enthusiast. No place to work on one, especially if you're overseas for over a year.

Love this website, I can still get my Z fix anytime of the day.

US Army Infantry

Guest gpark009

Hey bro what unit you over there with??? I see you are infantry

Was in Baqubah' date=' Iraq since January. Arrived in Kuwait a couple days ago and should be here until Feb. Recently bought an unfinished Z and can't wait to get back and finish it. Have about two years left and plan on getting out. The Army isn't a good place to be if you are a true car enthusiast. No place to work on one, especially if you're overseas for over a year.

Love this website, I can still get my Z fix anytime of the day.

US Army Infantry[/quote']

Guest gpark009
With 3ID/3rd Brigade. 2/69 Armor battallion, but in an Infantry company. That whole new "unit of action" bs.

Were you with 2/69 when the war kicked off??? I was attached from 3rd Ranger Batt. for the War to 2/69... I was a FO with your Fire Support Element..

Oh ya how is that whole Units of Action Crap going? Here at Fort Sill they are changing all the Artillery Bde's to what they call Fires Brigades...Kinda Crazy!!!

Guest gpark009
Unfortunately' date=' no, I wasn't around for the kickoff. I have heard a lot from the guys who were there for it. Completely different war now.

Our company was actually activated about 8 months before deploying. I came straight out of AIT and airborne school.

Small world though, how's Oklahoma?[/quote']

Being that I am originally from about an hour south of here it isn't that bad being so close to my family. But really not much to do here. They place is kinda boring actually!!

Good luck to you, HarrisonTX. It will be over with before you know it, promise. Word of advice, find something to do while you're over there. Ie, online classes, weight lifting, studying for the board (its nearly impossible to not pass a board over there). It's kind of like being in prison, so take advantage of the time you have while you're away.

Guest gpark009
Good luck to you, HarrisonTX. It will be over with before you know it, promise. Word of advice, find something to do while you're over there. Ie, online classes, weight lifting, studying for the board (its nearly impossible to not pass a board over there). It's kind of like being in prison, so take advantage of the time you have while you're away.

AGREE 100% with cscottmiller

Find something to keep you busy and time will fly by!!!

Guest gpark009

Well it looks like I will have to put the 280zx on hold for a year...Was just told to prpare for deployment within the next 2 weeks. Had fun thanks for a great site and i will be periodically dropping a line here and there

hi, been lurkin around this site for a while. i came acroos this thread and thought i should post..

i came back from deployment last november... i was about 20 minutes away from you harrisonTx.. i was in camp striker... Too bad they closed most of the haji shops ( AKA bazaar) ... them shops made the tour go a little bit faster.. then when 101st came in they decided to close them down.. i guess it's all for OPSEC.. sure miss those haji movies...

stay safe PFC...