HybridZ

Am I paying too much for car insurance?

zliminator

If you drive it so little you should get your insurance from Hagerty.

I pay about $400 a year for $25k policy and drive my Z about the same as you, maybe a little more.

They say you can only drive it for club events or to be serviced or to and from shows but they don't require the odometer numbers and their client literature even encourages you to drive your car for fun.

They are more concerned that you own at least one other car for each driver in your home. They don't want you to be driving it as a commuter car.

http://www.hagerty.com/

I have American Family and pay $56 for 12 months for full coverage. But you are also required to have a second "main" vehicle. The limitations are the same as what Dan posted above, but with one more... you can't drive the car in the month of January. My insurance states it and also the collector car registration that I have also states that I can't drive it in January. Which is fine with me in Wisconsin :D

!M!

I think I'm paying about $120/year for full coverage for "classic car" insurance through State Farm. I also had the car appraised and have an agreed value with them for $15K. This coverage does have a mileage limit of something like 3K/year but it doesn't sound like that is a problem for you either.

I'm 25 married with american family. no tickets.

on my '75 z I was paying around $250 for a 6 month liabilty only policy

that's with the higher 100-300-100 limits i op for here in MO.

just got my '82 maxima insured, it is 350 a year for basic liaiblity with the same coverages as above.

so. I think your getting shafted.

jesse

I can't remember the name of the company, but it might be one of the 2 mentioned, but they have pretty good deals on insurance. You can get any value on the car you want, and you don't have any milage restrictions, no year restrictions. ONLY restrictions are that it's garaged and isn't drove to work. Other than that they could care less what you do with it.

If it's you're daily driver I'd still think at your age with a perfect driving record you should be able to get a slightlly better deal. Although we go through 21st century in my house, I've come to hate them with the way they handle claims. I was rear ended at a stop light and they want to sit on the phone and talk to me like it was my fault just becuase I'm a minor. Talk about BS. If you like your insurance company, I think it's worth the price.

PS. I found out about this isurance company though 2 guys garage on the speed channel. They had a rep. on the show. If I find the article on thier site i'll post a link.

May take a look at INA insurance they have agreed value coverage especially if you have some receipts. It is covers theft, fire, collision. You do need a primary vehicle to drive other than the one insured I have mine insured for 25k and I drive about 3000 miles a year. INA had a booth at the HOT ROD power tour in 2003 and they were looking for new business. They have a web site just use a search engine it will pop up.

The one mentioned in 2 Cars Garage might be grundy.com, I think they advertised no limitations like the others, except for not being able to commute in it.

I want to commute in my car a couple of times a month in dry weather, they'd never know right?

Owen