HybridZ

Finnally got my brakes....but

Well, i finnally got my new brake setup tday, and started-but b4 u can put them on, u gotta take the old ones off........dun dun dunnn. Well, i was takin off the old brake hose, and when i was disconnecting it my brake line snapped-about half an inch from the brake hose mount............what should i do to fix my brake hose?

BTW, its a 280ZX

Which brakeline? What are you using for new brakes? If its an aftermarket setup (Wilwood, Outlaw, etc...) then you probably need to adapt to SAE flared fittings, and need to replace the brakelines anyway.

Some of the brake lines are easier than others to remove and replace with the drive train installed than others. The ones going to the wheels are generally not that difficult, with the possible exception of the passenger side front. If it were me, I would remove the broken line back to the nearest flared fitting (be careful not to distort it). Then measure the length of the brake line, and get one of the nearest length from the autoparts store. The lines from the auto parts store are straight lengths with fittings already installed. Then, using the line that you removed from the car as a template, bend the new line to match. Finally, install the new line in place of the removed one.

For the bending, you can use a brake tubing bender (available from the autoparts store for about $9.95), or you can just bent it by hand (be careful not to kink it and use really generous bend radii). I have completely replaced the lines in my car twice without any problems using a combination of bending tool and my hands.