HybridZ

John Taylor, come get your car

240Z Turbo

Guest unknownroadster

Not to bag on your work 240, but on the W/G dump tube, why did you use so many pieces, dont get me wrong bro, it looks nice with the TIG welds and all, I can get a super tight radius, was is that 1"3/4? In like a 2" radius. In SS and with a .065 wall. Other than that it looks Awsome man, BIG THUMBS up to you!! Im diggin the Intake Manifold!!!!

I will be bringing you mine to start on next week James. I got a call from Burns Stainless yesterday stating that all the 321 we ordered, along with the twin double slip collectors are on the way to me.

If mine comes out half as nice as Taylor's, I'll be bragging and showing off tons of pics to the world... :D

I was going to give you my spare RB26 complete motor for a trade out on the work you'll be doing for me, but since I saw your post about going with a KA24-T, I guess I can still keep it as a spare... :D:D:D:roll:

Be there next week or so.... so save that vacant spot for my car.... :wink:

joel

Joel,

Clutch came off my L28 setup. It's a 6 puck clutch called a Pro-Grip. I got it from TEP. Haven't got a driveshaft yet. I'll let you know what I get. If we are using the same mounts and everything mabe we could get 2 at once and save a few bucks. Rear end is a 3.70 LSD. Have you got any places in mind to get your driveshaft from yet?

JT

P.S. If you get a chance you oughta stop by Mobile on the way to or from James. I live about 10 mins off I-65.

John, sorry for the delay in posting here on HybridZ, as I still can't get on the site from my home computer... (long story, in another thread in Site Suport)

Sure, I'll be happy to stop by. I didn't realize you can use the L-6 clutch set ups on the RB flywheels....

I have the RB25 driveshaft that I bought from Stony I was planing on using for now. Although it fits the RB in a Z with the use of Brads motor mounts, Stony thinks it won't work with the billet alum mounts we have, because our mounts shift the motor more to the rear, making the d/s to long (in my case)

I will try to use it, and if it won't work, I may call up Inland Impire Driveline out in Calif. They are the ones who made me up the nice alum d/s that I sold with my stroker motor a few months back. I paid somewhere close to $300 for the alum d/s.

My aunt lives in Mobile, and she just arrived here yesterday for thanksgiving. I will be stoping in Mobile to spend the night thurs or fri night, so email me you address/ph# so I can look you up...

gotta get to work...

later

joel

How long ago did you get your mounts from brad?

I was under the impression he was no longer producing them??

Did he give you the CAD program for them or something?

How long ago did you get your mounts from brad?

I was under the impression he was no longer producing them??

Did he give you the CAD program for them or something?

I belive John is using the billet alum mounts as I am. There is a Z guy in Canada that sells them. Very nice mounts indeed....