HybridZ

Electric Fuel Pump.....

YoungZOwner

I have a quick question, been looking to see if anyone else as asked but no luck so far so thought would just ask. Can i run just an electric fuel pump at the tank without having to run the mechanical pump on the motor?(Remove the mechanical all together) If so what pressure would i have to run?

Thanks for any replys

Guest 240zJake

Prolly, thinking or rerouting my fuel lines too for a cleaner look...

carbs dont require too much fuel pressure, but i dont know the exact number...id guess somewhere in the teens

edit: i guess i was far off...

Guest 240zJake

Maybe run the wires underneathe the fenders up top for the lights

or maybe through the frame rails or disguise them as fuel lines....im torn between hiding my electrcal or making them blatently obvious

Guest 83supaZ

i am also cleaning up my bay.. today i started in on rust in the bay and under the car... this is a pain w/o a rotiserie (i cant spell i know) lol.. i have 4x4's that are 8ft above ground 4 ft below w/85lbs of concrete in each hole and 2 braces on each side... looks like an upside down U with braces... that is my engine hoist... well today it became my car hoist.. lol connected it to my front brace that the engine connects too.. lifted the front end all the way up (well far as it would let me w/o the back getting bent) it works ok i guess... could be better.. but a rust free Z is the BEST. i switched my EFI to 240 roundtop SU's .. would a stock fuel pump be best? also.. has anyone tried that stuff that claims to turn rust into grey primer? wally world sells it... wondering if it works.

i am also cleaning up my bay.. today i started in on rust in the bay and under the car... this is a pain w/o a rotiserie (i cant spell i know) lol.. i have 4x4's that are 8ft above ground 4 ft below w/85lbs of concrete in each hole and 2 braces on each side... looks like an upside down U with braces... that is my engine hoist... well today it became my car hoist.. lol connected it to my front brace that the engine connects too.. lifted the front end all the way up (well far as it would let me w/o the back getting bent) it works ok i guess... could be better.. but a rust free Z is the BEST. i switched my EFI to 240 roundtop SU's .. would a stock fuel pump be best? also.. has anyone tried that stuff that claims to turn rust into grey primer? wally world sells it... wondering if it works.

ditch the stock efi pump

run a pump that can handle at least 90 gph, or more.

i ran a dead head holley red on my, and a holley regulator at 4 psi, or 4.25 depending on my mood and gas.

it has 72 240 3 screws.