HybridZ

Favorite Movie Soundbite

Guest greimann

From Dr. Strangelove:

Major T.J. "King" Kong dons his ten-gallon hat and solemnly announces to his crew, as the soundtrack plays a snare-drum accentuated theme song: "When Johnny Comes Marching Home":

http://www.tigersweat.com/movies/strange/slove03.wav

And Colonel Bat Guano as he apprehended Group Captain Lionel Mandrake after finding the body of General Jack D. Ripper in the bathroom:

http://www.tigersweat.com/movies/strange/slove11.wav

And President Merkin Muffley telling Soviet Premier Kissoff that General Ripper has ordered the B-52s to attack Russia:

http://www.tigersweat.com/movies/strange/slove05.wav

And, I don't have a sound clip, but here's the text outlining General Ripper's reason for launching the attack on Russia:

"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance [floridation] is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.... Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love... Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.... can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.... But I... I do deny them my essence."

--General Ripper

And a trivial question:

Which Star Wars actor had a role in Dr. Strangelove?

Bonus question:

What was the name of the character the actor played?

Well I was going to say "I'll be back", but John's time and effort in the previous post has swayed my opinion. I had forgotten how great that classic was. I remember the first time I saw it in the back seat of our '68 Galaxie 500 (with my brother and sister), a big grocery bag of greasy popcorn that we shared amoungst us, watching it at a drive-in. Man, that was a while back.

Those are great!

Some of my favorites are:

"A man's just gotta know his limitations."

and

http://www.clinteastwood.net/realfiles/soundclips/dirty_harry/thinking.ram

"Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking did he fire six shots or only 5. And to tell you the truth I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question--Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk! (Scorpio laughs, gets blown away, and splashes into the lake)"

Follow! But! follow only if ye be men of valor, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived! Bones of four fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty big pointy teeth
"Well, that's no ordinary rabbit. That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on."

"It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 1 pound coconut."

Anything by D.I. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket, and of course, Army of Darkness...

Alright you primitive screwheads...listen up! This...is my...BOOMSTICK! it's a 12 gauge double barrel remington, S-Mart's top of the line. Features cobalt blue steel, walnut stock, and a hair trigger. Retails for about 119.99, available at your local sporting goods department... And remember, shop smart, shop S-Mart! You got that!?!

Not really a soundbite but... In "Gone in 60Seconds" there's a scene where the guy is in the Mustang, helicopter overhead, being chased in the concrete drainage "thingy". The cops are all over him and it looks like game over - he flips a switch then pushes a button labeled "Go Baby Go" and rockets away from everyone. rockon.gif

I WANT one of those buttons! Go Baby Go! Everytime we play that movie I have to watch that scene a couple of times and just cackle smile.gif

nice, auxilary!! i love the monty python quotes!

ARTHUR:

Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

WOMAN:

Order, eh? Who does he think he is? Heh.

ARTHUR:

I am your king!

WOMAN:

Well, I didn't vote for you.

ARTHUR:

You don't vote for kings.

WOMAN:

Well, how did you become King, then?

ARTHUR:

The Lady of the Lake,...

[angels sing]

...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.

[singing stops]

That is why I am your king!

DENNIS:

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR:

Be quiet!

DENNIS:

Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR:

Shut up!

DENNIS:

I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

ARTHUR:

Shut up, will you? Shut up!

DENNIS:

Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.

ARTHUR:

Shut up!

DENNIS:

Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

ARTHUR:

Bloody peasant!

DENNIS:

Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

other favorites include the lumberjack song and the parrot sketch. that reminds me... i think i should configure outlook to say "message for you sir" when i get email, hehe.

Guest Anonymous

"And if she's made of wood?"

Silence.....

"We build a bridge out of er'"

Wild jubilation... or...

"You english KNNNNNIGITS, you drinkers of animal trough water, you wipers of other peoples bottoms, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberrys... Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time..." Or...

Another favorite was :

"Its good to be the king... "

"When you die at the palace, you really die at the palace!"

"And if they're caught, they're Hung"

"Not necessarily.. "

"First word, sounds like head, Said" nods

"Second word small, it, and, the, A" nods

"Third word sounds like Give" nods

"Give him a sedagive?"

Python and Brooks, hard to beat for low brow humor. They played Mad Mad Mad Mad world the other day on TCM channel, I laughed pretty hard at that as well (for about the 20th time), if you've never seen it, I highly recommend it, the scenes jump from one hilarious prediciment to another that the characters get them selves into. Very funny stuff for 1963, had just about every comedian of the time in it, including a cameo appearance of the stooges!

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Alright you primitive screwheads...listen up! This...is my...BOOMSTICK! it's a 12 gauge double barrel remington, S-Mart's top of the line. Features cobalt blue steel, walnut stock, and a hair trigger. Retails for about 119.99, available at your local sporting goods department... And remember, shop smart, shop S-Mart! You got that!?!

hehe i almost forgot how funyy that movie is. i think i'm going to have to go buy it in DVD tommorow. that has all sorts of goods lines in it. but i like the boomstick comment best