HybridZ

Looking for a VH45DE to transplant

friday

Hi guys, it's with some trepidation that I write this first post as I feel a bit of an imposter on this forum having a very limited knowledge of engineering! I was pointed in this direction by my very good friend and fellow Z owner John Dixon (who maybe some of you know, I believe he's in contact with Zgringo on here?). He's currently getting everything ready to transplant a VH45DE into his Z32 and if I can get hold of an engine myself, he'll perform the same on mine. What I'd like to ask is if anyone can recommend a good source from which to import one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Leigh.

Do you have Infiniti's in the UK? If so, they that engine is was available in the 1990-1996 Infiniti Q45. In Japan it was called the Nissan President, but I do not know what years it was available.

I'm led to believe we didn't get them over here. Ideally I'd be looking for a 1990-93 model before they made changes to comply with emissions regulations. My mate managed to source one in Australia and is just finalising the deal to ship it over but unfortunately the guy supplying it only had the one. :(

good luck on your project.i currently drive a 1993 450zxtt.it originally was a 1993 300zx na.it sports a 1993 q45 engine,twin turbos,300zxtt five speed transmission,and 1993 q45 rear end diff/axles.i am using the q ecu.if you are interested in things like motor mounts,oil pan,turbo manifolds,adapter plate for the trans and stuff,let me know.so far john is the only person on this particular site that is interested in this sort of stuff.there are a couple shots of my car at http://www.freewebs.com/axepower/

let me know,

slim(678)698-7426

450zxtt

you guys can make it happen,i am having a blast driving this car!

Cheers guys, it's nice to know there's help and info out there! :)

lost: John pointed me in the direction of your site last time he was over...wow...amazing what you've done mate, makes me want to do this even more! Lol! And thanks for the offer of help. Just got to try and find myself an engine from somewhere and I imagine John and I will be in touch!

Leigh.

There is one here one ebay that looks really clean' date=' and pretty cheap, but the shipping may kill you though... It only has one hour left, so if you want it you had better hurry...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=7939014893&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/quote']

Thanks for the link. :) I'd already seen that for sale but it came without the manifold which put me off as I'm looking for a complete engine. Emailed the company (twice) to see if they could supply one but got no reply.

However, I've been in touch with Jason at Shadow Dragon Racing (found a link to them after searching on here) and now just waiting for him to get back to me with a price including import costs. Has anyone on here used them or heard what they're like?

Cheers,

Leigh.

Leigh,

I am surprised you cant pick them up in the U.K. For a long time here (New Zealand) we imported used cars and parts from japan directly so there is a bit of a stock pile of used bits around these days. Used imports have been going you way for a few years now. There should start to be boneyards with parts in them.

Douglas

Leigh' date='

I am surprised you cant pick them up in the U.K. For a long time here (New Zealand) we imported used cars and parts from japan directly so there is a bit of a stock pile of used bits around these days. Used imports have been going you way for a few years now. There should start to be boneyards with parts in them.

Douglas[/quote']

Been trawling through the UK Jap breakers but it seems the Infiniti/Cima was never a popular import, in fact they're rarer than rocking horse sh1t over here!

The search has proved fruitless so far. Found an ebay store run by Motorworks of New York that said they were selling one but after emailing they replied they were currently out of stock.

Got a quote from Shadow Dragon Racing: their supplier can get one for....wait for it....$5069! I can import an entire 90-93 car from Japan for half that! Suffice to say I gave that one a miss.

I've got a list of other importers in the US to try, I'm waiting for a Japanese company to get back to me and I have been given the names of two JDM engine importers in the UK which I'll get in touch with.

If anyone hears of one going for a decent price please let me know! :)

The hunt continues....

Yo, Attarco in san jose was having a sale on vh45de complete long blocks, 500.00 low miles. Its a awesome price that comes with a warranty. THis was a few weeks back but these motors are not big sellers I guess.

Thanks for that mate :) Just emailed them.

Been in touch with f-s-auto in Japan and they've come through with the best price yet (by far) of 102,500JPY for an engine thats done 67,000km (approx 42,000 miles). Waiting to see what the import charges will be though.

Also about to get in touch with CNS motors in Santa Ana.

Cheers,

Leigh.

Get a front cut, this advice is worth bigtime, forget about trying to get an engine that is probably incomplete anyway, whatever you do, get-a-front-cut. And tell those dickheads at Demon Tweeks to get their act together.

Think about it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Lost, I personally don't need anything as my car is almost finished, but I have lots of friends interested and want parts for the conversion. I've asked you on other sites for information but don't recieve any answers. Please list the parts you have and the cost.

Mr. Lost, I personally don't need anything as my car is almost finished, but I have lots of friends interested and want parts for the conversion. I've asked you on other sites for information but don't recieve any answers. Please list the parts you have and the cost.
the parts i have are motor mounts,exhaust manifolds,downpipes for garrett five bolt turbos,rear sump oil pan wpick-up,adapter plate for the z32 manual,and shortly,an intake manifold.there are probably a few more things.i have actually found very little interest out there in reguards to these parts,hence it has been difficult to determine prices.if my guy has to make three or four by hand then it's one thing.if 15 people were losing there minds over this then we could take deposits and have them cnc'd...that would be another thing.we know what is involved with making these parts,if anyone is truly interested,please give me a call at (678)698-7426.we can discuss how many of your friends actually want to do this and pricing and such.otherwise,we will make a couple of one-offs for john dixon and friday in the uk.450zxtt678-698-7426.the 450zxtt has been built and runs,hardparts should sell themselves.........

Thanks Lost, I tried to call you today but got your answering machine.

OK guys, anyone wanting to make the switch I can get VH45DE complete low mileage engines with a 6 month Warranty with wiring harness and computer for $1.495. The engines are in California and 6 have been sold so far but a few left.

Zgringo

lampllc@msn.com

John D. I haven't forgot you. Had a small problem I had to take care of.

• 2 weeks later...
good luck on your project.i currently drive a 1993 450zxtt.it originally was a 1993 300zx na.it sports a 1993 q45 engine' date='twin turbos,300zxtt five speed transmission,and 1993 q45 rear end diff/axles.i am using the q ecu.if you are interested in things like motor mounts,oil pan,turbo manifolds,adapter plate for the trans and stuff,let me know.so far john is the only person on this particular site that is interested in this sort of stuff.there are a couple shots of my car at [url']www.freewebs.com/axepower/[/url]

let me know,

slim(678)698-7426

450zxtt

you guys can make it happen,i am having a blast driving this car!

hey, you have a pm. me and another guy are very, very interested in the adapter plate for the tranny.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update the situation: I finally got myself an engine! :D

I went with F-S-Auto's in the end as the price was good and the service given by Mr Fukada was faultless. The haulage company I'm using have ships leaving weekly from Yokohama docks so with luck it should be on it's way next week! Meanwhile I've taken delivery of a pair of Hayabusa throttle bodies and visited the guy who's going to supply the stand-alone engine management system (with my mate John that's also performing the transplant). It's great that things are finally happening. Thanks for your comments guys :)

Cheers,

Leigh.