HybridZ

? for mikeJTR

Guest 83supaZ

Guest 83supaZ

sorry for posting in public.. couldnt find your email addy. i saw you said JTR will offer zx motor mounts soon.. how soon?.. and will these fit a 5.0L v8 from 86 pontiac trans am? also.. will you be offering tranny mounts? and what will the motor mounts be priced?

I don't mind you posting in public -- it's free advertising!

We have a ZX chassis we are using as a fixture for designing the mounts.

As usual, everything is going slower than expected.

For the most part, the "design" of the mounts is done, but there are some adjustments that have to be made on the "production parts".

As we have told people on this forum, JTR is a very small business. After we design a part, it goes to a metal fabrication shop which makes "production parts."

The motor mounts and tranny mount should be ready to sell within two weeks, and they will work on the 1986 Firebird/Transam 305. We don't know what the pricing will be until the fabrication shop tells us what they will cost.

The problem we have with selling the parts for the ZX at this time is that we haven't actually done the V8 swap on the ZX, and we haven't made a swap manual for the ZX. We have a complete original ZX for doing the manual, but it will probably be a year or more before the book is done.

Installing the transmission mount will take several hours. It requires removing the original brackets in the transmission tunnel, and installing new brackets rearward of the original brackets. It is a lot of work, and may scare people.

We will sell the mounts with some rough instructions for installing the engine mounts and the transmission mounts. We will post the instructions on our website so that people will understand what they will be getting into before purchasing parts, but the website may not get updated for several months.

We don't expect any problems with the engine mounts and transmission mounts -- they allow adjusting the engine front-to-back and side-to-side for a variety of applications, but as everyone who has completed a swap knows, there is a lot more to a swap than bolting in the engine and transmission, and we will not be able to offer advice over the phone or email, and we don't want to people to get involved in the swap unless they know what they are getting into. This forum has been helpful to many people, so if you find yourself in a bind, someone on this forum may be able to help. Also, if you don't like the parts, you can return them for a refund for up to 90 days.

Our email address is Mike@JagsThatRun.com

MikeJTR,

I guess I have a semi-related question which will give you the opportunity for more free advertising.

In another thread you mentioned a project to produce an alternator only mount for LT1 engines that uses the stock aluminum bracket and a plate with some idler pulleys. I'm at a point in my swap where I'm in need of a solution for this very problem and would like to get some timing info on this product. Based on your answer to the other question in this thread I'm guessing no pricing is available yet but can you give us a projected availablility date?

I do have other things I can be working on but I really want to get the engine totally squared away before installing it.

Wheelman