HybridZ

622 EDJ - 1971 Cal 240Z help please

ZHeadV8

Hi Guys,

I have imported a structurally solid 1971 240Z from California to the UK to have the firewall replaced with a RHD one and a TOTAL bare shell resto.

The car will have an Edelbrock Performer SBC installed running 420BHP with nice goodies on order from Vince (Carbon Fibre and a STUNNING bonnet badge - sorry ......... hood emblem).

My question is a plea for history ..........

Does any know of this car or remember it ? Has anyone owned it ? I would love to be able to track it from the dealership through each and every owner to myself - the intention is to document everything for a complete resto history and rebuild. The budget for the rsto is over half as much again as a new 350Z so I really do want to collect every last detail I can.

Fingers Crossed...

Many Thanks

Andy F

Hi Randy - thanks for your offer of help. The car actually came from a place I believe in the desert somewhere that was moving premises - that's all I know as it was imported for me, the brief was simply go and find me a rust free Californian 240Z.

I am going to get the VIN number and post it up as well, see if that helps.

It is a 1971 240Z (I think in the US you would call it a series 1 as the diff is mounted in the earlier forward position), now grey, originally looks like it could have been silver. The tell tale give away will be the louvres on the bonnet, someone went to a great deal of trouble to press them actually into the original bonnet itself. Two rows of the louvres are on the central bulge, one row either side.

If I could find the post pic button anywhere on this board I would put a pic of the bonnet up :-)

CHeers

Andy F

• 3 weeks later...
The car will have an Edelbrock Performer SBC installed running 420BHP...

I know I'm coming in a bit late here, but I noticed you were looking at an edelbrock crate motor...there are a few posts I've read from people that had this setup and said the cam edelbrock uses was too big - looks good on paper but other cams do a much better job. It's been a while but the posts are here somewhere. BTW I have performer rpm heads on my Z, they are good but a set of afr heads will do more and you may be able to find a turn-key engine that uses them. Congratulations on your Z project and the best of luck!