HybridZ

Where find cheap weatherstripping for my 280zx?

sir_daniel

There isnt really a place that sells them cheap. I too need new weather stripping for my 280ZX. The T-Top seals are about $225 each!!!! Try doing a search for "280ZX weather stripping" I recently just posted a list of where I am going to get mine. Im not sure which forum it was in though?

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

Check out http://www.Mcmastercarr.com. That is where I got mine after someone here told me about them. I bought a 25 foot roll dirt cheap. Sorry, but it has been a while so I don't remember how much. When you get to the site look at page 3181, item #1120A33. I works great. I sent the Victoria British stuff back because the doors would not close.

I sent the Victoria British stuff back because the doors would not close.

A lot of guys say the same thing about new weather stripping which is pretty explainable......their new and not "broken in".

Do you have any pictures of the homemade weather stripping?

Guy

As far a "breaking in" the weatherstrip from V.B., I would have knocked the glass out of the doors before that stuff broke in. I understand that new stuff may require some time to form, but it was simply too thick. The doors would not close. If you do a search you will find many others on this site who say the same thing.

I don't have any pictures, but the shape and size are nearly identical to the stock weatherstrip. Check the web site I posted. They have very detailed diagrams of the weatherstrip with measurements. I put mine on over a year ago and I am very pleased.