HybridZ

How do I set this timing? NOT STOCK

Guest iskone

Just get a cheap $6 volt meter and measure the voltage. Hook a wire up to the O2 and up to the red wire on the volt meter, then hook black to ground. You want ~.8V. You can also buy an O2 bung from a muffler shop and have them weld it on if you want. Takes about 5 minutes for the O2 to warm up to start reading right.

Of course you'll be ruining that O2 mighty fast if you start running leaded...

Guest iskone

I finally got the timing dialed in!!!!!!!!(Que Rocky theme music)

The car hauls now!!!!! That dman knocking as gone away too!!!!

Now all that's laeft is to install the altanator that came in today. The 105 amp one from Z Specialties. I installed that Nissan starter and an Optima Red Top to insure I never have any more starting problems.

Oh almost forgot now I get a little hesatation when I punch it. With the carb sync tool I hope to tune that out as well.

Isk

Guest iskone

DAW, well thanks for the help. But I don't have my own JY.

I was thinking about why I can run such high CR with my motor. It might have somthing to with with my engines running temp. It runs very cold only getting past 120* after 30min plus of driving and even then it gets to maybe 140* tops. I have a 3 core radiator with an electric fan that has a thremocouple built into it with an adjustable setting.

I actually worry that it doesn't run hot enough for proper metal exspansion and lubracation.

It starts ALOT easier too.

Isk

Guest iskone

Wow that sounds high to me.

I'll adjust the dial on the fan to come on much later.

I've been thinking though since my gaauge reads so low it could be wrong or else when would the thermostat open?

Isk

If your fan comes on too soon then what will happen is the thermostat will open and close all the time, because the coolant in the radiator will get extra cold, closing the thermostat, then it will open, let in really cold coolant, then close right back up because the temp drops immediately, and repeat that cycle. It's been frickin cold here, which does almost the same thing as having the fan stuck on. I had to put a piece of cardboard over half of my Toyota radiator just to get the thing to warm up properly. You might want to try that if you find that you can't get it to warm up. Sounds like you might have a stuck open thermostat too, though, because even with no fan the thing should still get to operating temps before the thermostat opens.

If you have a good gauge you can watch the thermostat open and close like that even under normal circumstances, but the problem would be exaggerated if your fan came on at 140. You really need to find out if the gauge is right. Maybe you could get a hold of a pyrometer and shoot the radiator after it's been running a while.

Guest iskone

Here's what I've been thinking, before you laugh remember how you mixed that gas.

I have a really fancy probe thermometer I use for cooking. I can just open up the radiator at a given time and pop the thermo in the water. Or better yet(safer) I can buy a second rad. hose and plump the probe in it using some of this bad ass expoxy I got from the plumbing section at Lowes.

I have my doubts about my temp gauge. When I sit in one place for a long time it does get to about 125-130 according to my gauge.

BTW this cold SUCKS!!!!

Isk

Guest iskone

I will chack the temp once I get a chance.

I'll also check the thermo with the old boiling water test, if I find something is wrong.

Daw, no prob.

I was going to make a trip out to Airport and pcik up some parts I need for the heater maybe I'll meet the guy your talking about. What is his name?

I don't know if the card board thing will work because my elec. fan is mounted in the front of the radiator facing the block. I'll turn the fan way down, but I have noticed it doesn't seem to come on often at all. Maybe the thremo is stuck open?

I'll keep the ECU thing in mind for future projects, right now I have trip Webers.

Thanks

Isaac

I turned the fan off and it still stays cold.

I'll try to put some cardboard in front of the rad. and see how that helps.

I'll also get my thermometer in the water to see what temps I get.

Isk