HybridZ

What is the best/correct tire size for my 17x7 rims?

225/45 is the limit for proper seating of the tire. I use 225/45 on 17x7's and they are working out great. I also checked tire temperature with my pyrometer after track runs and no sign of tires having excess role over. However, would certainly not go any wider.

E-mail_zx_vs_911.jpg

As you can see, the tires do not bulge out in the least bit and are not rolling over during a hard turn at high speed.

I have not compared 215 to 225 on my rims to let you know if 215 perform better because of potential better fit on 7" rims, but I can tell you that on my set up, the 225 perform very very well and are not too wide based on both subjective track performance as well as objective tire temperature reading (both Z and R rated compound) .

215 or 225 will both be fine for 17x7's. By far, much more important, will be the quality and performance of the tire you buy.

My daily driver SVT Focus (Z is only a toy - still need something to get to work and through the snow) has factory 17 x 7 with 215/45's and I really like them but still have a hard time getting over how little sidewall there is - like a big wheel wrapped in a rubber band. Never had problems with them and we have bad roads being in the midwest.

Cameron