HybridZ

Good Buy On A Long Block?

I came across a 350 engine out of a 2000 model Chevy C60 truck. The truck belonged to a rental company and at about 47,000 miles a lifter went out so GM replaced it under warranty. The guy I'm getting it from bought the core from the rental place for $275.00 which is what I'm getting it for. I have not looked it over yet, but it's supposed to have four bolt mains and Vortec heads. He says the top of one of the lifters came apart, otherwise it's not hurt. Can anyone tell me if that truck came with four bolt mains and Vortec heads and what horsepower rating it would have? If every thing checks out that should be a great buy on a long block that only needs a lifter.

If it's from a c60 truck then it will be 4 bolt and it will have a steel crank. The heads are special truck heads which take special brackets and larger diameter bolts, so you probably won't want those, no real performance heads on truck motors. The short block will have the good rods as well. Good buy.

Guest ALL UC2

i know on the vortec heads that the intake bolts go straight down into the heads. not like the old style heads that bolted on an angle. just do a search on google or some search engine and seen what the numbers are for vortec heads and check it out