HybridZ

L28et Headgasket on L20et

george.bryant

Ok, the head is off :-) Took us around 3 hours (2 people) and we kept finding really tight or tripped studs that were hard to get out. But we got them in the end, we need 3 people to get the head off though (with turbo inlet still attached) The gasket blew a small hole in cylindar six, it was really nasty looking but the good news is that there has been no damage , except for some rust that is now gone. I've cleaned it up as much as possible.

I have a l28et head gasket to put on it, whats this going to do to the compression? Is there anything else you guys would recommend I do while ive got the head off?

nz gaskets is new zealands biggest suppler of gaskets. repco uses them,

I went thru the whole ordeal with them, as they do not do the l20et head gasket, only the l20a,

i had the guy ring me back, he compared the two diffrent listings and confurmed that the whole head set is fine. ive been using mine now for over 7 months, you shouldnt have a problem

Well that l28et gasket is in the bin now anyway. I'm too weak and i couldnt support it properly when me and DJZ were putting it back on. So i'm waiting on the L20A gasket which should be here thursday, and this time when we put it back on ill make sure we have a few more people. Its a very difficult job when the manifolds are attached as all the weight seems to goto one end and its hard finding a place to get a grip on the bloody thing.

Should me a much easier task with a couple more people.

That L28et gasket didnt match up properly on the water jackets anyway. It didn't look like it was gonna fit on the block properly. But then looking at the old gasket it had the similar problem too and rusty crap had built up in the unnessecary holes.

Well depending on what time you get the gasket, you might have another hand here I am working 1230-2100, and have a meeting @ 1000 as well. But if you aint gonna fo it till friday I reckon I could get there about 0900. If you keen I could bring some tools or anything else you might need. Just ask