HybridZ

240hp @ the wheels in a l20et, what do I need to do?

george.bryant

Spend some money.

#1. Bigger injectors

#2. Intercooler...a decent one.

#3. Boost controller

#4. Not sure if you can hit 240WHP on the stock T3, you might get close but you will probably be pushing the limit of the turbo.

#5. Exhaust

#6. I assume an aftermarket clutch.

Wait...did you mean L20 or L28? I just noticed that the topic and the message said L20, so I assume this is not a typeo.

I am probably around the 230ish WHP in my Z with an auto...and the tranny slips bad. 95,000 miles on the original auto, and plenty of powerbraking at the dragstrip.

Dunno how much torque I would be at with my current setup...before I was making 190 horsepower and 235 ft/lbs at 9psi intercooled and no muffler...Now I just have a 3" mandrel downpipe, SVO injectors and 14-15psi with a aftermarket FPR putting boost fuel pressures around 45psi

Hey, not that it matters, but for anyone looking to use the auto it is strong enough for most turbo engines. My auto trans is stock except for some minor valve body mods (thanks J. Thagard) and it had over 225K on it before I put it in the car. After 1 season of drag racing and several thousand miles of hard street driving it is starting to slip in second gear - but not enough that you would notice on the street - just on the track with sticky tires. Keep in mind that this is with well over 300RWHP.

BTW in my opinion the auto is stronger that the stock 5 spd. (several of my buddies have spit out 3rd gear with their turbo cars).