HybridZ

Let's see your RB Z...

DETurbine

thanks for finding that mate.

that car is on hold for a while now, its all working and everything, but plans are to upgrade the turbo and injectors, then thats it power wise.

But right now my attention has turned to my S30 that is going to have a sbc swapped in to be my daily driver

Wow thats weird,small word lol.So i was never able to get back to olav.Did he change his e-mail? it doesnt work for me anymore,i always wanted to check in and see how the bars worked out for him,also i think we had some other reason to keep up but i cant remember now.I have used your cars pics in my sales ads ever since and think you car is uber sweet.

i was going to start a new thread for an update, but i'm not really that cool, so i'll use this pic post....

http://plaza.ufl.edu/bryan01

got the 2nd seat mounted; fuel pump installed; moved wiring to inside the car (still works); ordered new master cylinders (brake and clutch) and some ss brake lines (the pic of that area is of the old ones still installed); i had to run new hard brake lines thru the entire car, which is done;

i need gauges, a dash (i've got my old one), fluids bled, a throttle cable, a gas pedal, an fmic/piping (intake plenum too if i want to reroute the piping) and it should be somewhat driveable. i've got a leak by the oil filter and i think i may have something leaking from between the tranny and the motor? (i'm not sure about this b/c i dont exactly know where it's coming from, it could be the same leak by the oil filter; i also could have overfilled the tranny, could it leak from this area?) ... either way it's not too pressing at the moment, next time i run it i'll try to find exactly where the 2nd leak is coming from and ask then.

i'll take some pics of the underside. since my 280 used to have an rb20, i used my rb20 tranny and kept my 25 tranny incase i ever go 26 on my 71 widebody 240z, i did that also because i could use the stock z driveshaft (just the collar cut off the yoke), use the stock cable driven speedometer, and actually i used the stock tranny mount, i just cut the middle section and moved it back an inch and a quarter, then welded it back to the rest of the mount and added a little extra steel for strength. my friend at the machine shop made me the motor mounts by modifying the l28's metal mounts.

my friend who ran the 25 tranny in his 240z had a custom mount made for his, it kind of looks like a cradle.

ps. i really want to toss that xs power t3/t4 and steal the gt30/71r off my 1g awd eclipse ^_^

few shots of the engine bay of my 240Z fitted with an RB30 turbo out of an australian holden vl turbo commodore(nissan engine)

currently running 5 speed,T3(14psi),3.36:1 R180,bar and plate fmic,wolf 3D ems......soon fitting 3.54:1 R200 lsd,ported head,bigger cam,custom plenum and ex manifold(extractor type),R34 tube/fin fmic,550cc injectors,strengthened jatco auto and 2800 rpm hi stall,and of course bigger turbo(GT35R or GT3076R...not decided yet)

RB30ET-004_thumb.jpg

RB30ET-005_thumb.jpg

RB30ET-003_thumb.jpg

RB30ET-002_thumb.jpg