HybridZ

Planning on using a VH45DE and TT tranny? Come in here please

mtcookson

Guest Roaces

Any Chance that a 350Z transmission would mount up the same as the 300ZXTT transmission? Somthing is messed up with the synchros on the early 6sp 350Z trannys, and you can pick them up for only a few hundred. Just thinkin it would be cool if anyone who went in on the adaptor plate deal could get a 6sp too. You can pretty much count me in on the TT tranny plate deal either way though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mounting pattern is different for the Z32 and 350Z which are both different again from the VH45DE. At last yrs Z car Convention in NH I spoke to Steve Millen about adapting the 350Z 6 spd to a Z32, and he didn't have an answer. So we both went to see the Nissan engineer who was head of the powertrain for the 350Z. He told us that the patterns were different and also had some concernes that it would not tolerate the power of a stage III Z32 engine. So it was designed for 300hp and no more. The stock Z32 box sounds like a tougher unit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry for the late reply. i can put your name in on the list. you'll make the 8th person.

it seems someone else is starting to make these as well and will be availabe in late june. i've not heard much more on this yet though.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i'm not sure if this is going to work out or not. i went back through the list and i believe there are a few who are actually taking different routes.

since this is taking a while to get 10 people i may take a different route myself but i'm not sure yet. there's supposed to be another guy making these as well so i'm waiting to hear something on that too. i'll try keeping you guys updated on all of this. hopefully we can get something going for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roaces

Kind of a bummer actually. I'd geuss since the list is a lil old, many may have changed their minds, or found another solution. I'm close to that point too. Ive found a 70' Z, with no engine or trans (But it has a friggin sunroof) that I may just lay hands on. If anyone is willing to share the design and details of a transmission adaptor system, I would gladly host that info and more on my site for everyone to make use of.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Its been a while since this thread has been brought up. Just wondering if anyone is selling the adaptor plate and flywheel spacer for the Z32TT Tranny to the VH45DE? Im doing this setup in a S13. Already sourced the engine complete for $200 woot woot!! Not sure if im going with stock harness and ecu yet, or if i will fab a new harness and run megasquirt or something.... anyways who sells the adaptor plates or bell housings?

I never got enough people until it was too late... however, there is someone making one as we speak. So far it looks great and should work great but the only downside is its being made over in the UK so there's a chance it might be a bit expensive due to the currency exchange... we'll see though.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=110306