HybridZ

Start Button In Z

DeusEx

Hey guys,

Some of you may label this as rice or just plain crap, but id really like to add some flavour to the Z by installing a Ingnition Start button (yes like a Honda S2000) the work will not be hard, but i want to know if anyone has done it or seen it done, and what places it has been mounted and styles of button

(Please dont boot me from the site!)

Guest Earl Tilton

Something that may be even cooler than the Honda button ( I cant believe you're considering honda parts in a Z! LOL J/K) would be a safety switch like what you'd see in an action movie.... You flip over the yellow/black cover and flick the toggle/ momentary. Might be kinda cool if it was installed on the shift, hehe.

Next, you can get your flight suit and helmet and have fun. Of course you'll get laughed at but it'd be entertaining :twisted:

Better yet, install your start button under the steering column out of sight. It makes a nice addition to your anti-theft system.

Pardon my humor here but...

I'm going to be putting a few of those switches in my car (for various reasons :) ) and all I can think of, when I see them, is the sound of turbines winding up.

"Fuel pressure - CHECK, Hydraulics - CHECK, Flaps full forward and detent - CHECK..."

Next, you can get your flight suit and helmet and have fun. Of course you'll get laughed at but it'd be entertaining

I've got a few extra if you're so inclined...

• 2 weeks later...

I used a similar switch from autozone designed to start your car. Was a little kit, just like the honda s2000 except 20 bucks, came with a relay, etc. Wired it in, then about a week later, driving up to Lubbock, the switch fell apart on me and i resorted to touching the two wires together to start my car for a couple months till I got back to houston. Then I ordered a Waterproff push buttom switch for 9 dollars from pegasus racing or JCW. It's now hidden and I'm not telln' ya where.

-Ed

Edit-

You guys would get a kick outta this... talking about your switches, I used a switch panel from West Marine (yes the boat store). It's mounted on a counsel I made and am in the process of redoing. So I have switches with labels such as... Bilge pump, anchor, running lights, etc. lol

haha, my ears were ringing..... funny thing, I was working on starting this same mod today.

I went ahead and bought the "red button" from H and A, and found this in the archives to help get me started.... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=91696&highlight=S2000+start+button

he hehe.. When I first got my car running, it WAS like starting an aircraft! Right foot taping gas, right hand turning key, my left hand fidling with the choke lever and alternating between that and the fuel pump switch.. :lol:

And my girlfriend actualy wore a helmet on day while we were cruising in the Z.. A friend of mine got me to bring it in my car (no place to tie it down on his bike) and on the way over to meet up I was driving..well, agresivly.. :twisted: so when my girlfriend started getting a little freaked out, I handed here the 'brain bucket' and she put it on! Got quite a few laughs as we pulled in to the parking lot...

When I was about 19 (before HybridZ came into existance) I had an early 75 280Z 2+2 automatic. The neutral safety switch went out in it, and I couldn't source one down, and they were no longer available new. So off I went to O'Reilly's and found one (starter button)that had a round/dome shaped black rubber cover over the button. I got to looking where to mount it, and I never smoke in any of my vehicles, plus it fit like it was made for the cigarette lighter recess in the dash. Once installed, you couldn't tell that there was a button there at all, it just looked like a rubber plug. And to top it all off, all the buddies thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread (also pre ricer/fast & furious years)

• 6 years later...

Hey Guys. Been a member for a while now. And every time I look up "Push button Ignition" I find everything on the S2000 button. And everytime there is a complaint or wiring issue or something falls apart. I got tired of it and decided to do something about it.

Check this out and let me know what you think......

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/98889-daves-new-startstop-button-ignition-system/

Dave

post-1483-094979100 1300129035_thumb.jpg

I have a hidden switch that the PO put in as part of security. It works great. The best part is when you get the front end aligned or some other small job and the shop calls to see how to start it because the person checking the car in did not write good instructions.

I'm going to ask since when was a 'yellow black covered switch' for a 'missle' in any aircraft?

Generally military aircraft have yellow-black covers on ejection seat or emergency egress components.

Red cover with 0.020" copper safety wire under port bulkhead on F15C/D was "VMAX" and "ECW" but everything with either AcesII or Rescue was yellow-black.

From what I saw in RF4C, F15, B52, A10....that was pretty much standard.

"Missle" switch arming was standard red safety cover, or bar-safety and bare metal.

I'm just curious where 'Missile Switch' comes from? Navy or USMC?