HybridZ

Trying to Hot rod with NA?

240ZR

Can I run a L24 with a L28 Crank, L24 Pistons, L24 Head, L20 Rods and go .060 over? Or would that Engine just be a Grenade?

Thats what i came up with for a "Hotter" NA for a friend, with out going Turbo, or buying special parts. I dont know I am new to thinking about stuff like this, or are there easyerways to make an L24 "Go fast,"

uhm, If your gonna do all that work, just get an L28. go to the local u pull it and get an L28E with a flat top pistons. then, get a 1981 to 1984 nissan maxima head, bolt it all together and you get a nice 11:1 motor. Its just that easy.

Mack

well, I thought I had pinging issues but it turned out to be bad gas, lol! it also helped out a lot when I changed out my TPS. Plus, it would probably help if I weren't running 15 degrees initial advance. Its running great now that I stopped buy gas from ANY old station. I run chevron premium only now.

I dont know how it will do with dish pistons because they wont provide proper quench.

I think my car is def. a mid 15 sec car, which isnt bad for a 280zx 2 + 2. I am going to do a compression check on it and make sure the bad gas and pinging didnt mess anything up, but so far so good!

Mack

• 2 weeks later...