HybridZ

update on my cage and backhalve install

finally some movement on my chassis and rearend

Here are the pics. the cage is still not much to look at but atleast its being put together now. the rearend looks good. shouldn't have any problems with breakage with this one :>

the cage and backhalve is going to be all round tube chromoly and the rearend is the strongest 8.8 you can put together.

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

Looks good! I have a couple questions though....

#1....I`m wondering why you decided to go with a Mustang 8.8 instead of a ford 8" or 9" diff?.

I ask only because a solid rear is my next step, and since the speed experimenting is never really quite done, the 8 and 9 " carriers offer easier multable gear changes for whatever conditions you want to run.

#2....What is your hub to hub distance and who made up your rear. I was looking at what S&W had to offer.

Mark

i wnet 8.8 because it could be made way stronger then i would need and it would allow for the 4 link install and allow myself to fit comfortably in teh seat. (6 foot) the nine inch having the bigger housing would not have allowed the seat to go back as far (or so im told)

BTW it more efficient and lighter then the Nine inch

the below pics are the moc up of where the wheels will be sitting. they currently have BFG DR but will have 31 inch MT'S so if you can picture the bigger diameter tire thats how it will look. needless to say it gonna sit pretty low.

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

yep still running the RB. the new motor is a full tuned rb motor that will eventually put approximatly 700rwhp to the ground.

And jamie this was started way before you buying the motor. the selling of my old rearend is what got this started :>

• 1 year later...

I would love to see more pictures of the 4link,especially were the cross member located.How long are your 4link bars and whats the distance from the center of the rear end axle tube to the cross member?I,m helping a friend build a 240 with a ladderbar/8.8set up, I,ll agree ladder bar limits the amount room you have,it works for friend but I,m 6'1 so looking into doing a 4link set up."any pictures or info would be greatly appreciated".

I sat in the car lastnight and was surprised at the amount of leg room still left. Im 6 1/2 foot and it feels just as comfortable as it did before the install. I'll be using a kirkly seat though this time and that may be the difference. updated pics in the other thread