HybridZ

3.2 stroker finished and in

briann510

yea thats him, altho he doesnt go there anymore. you might see him around town though as hes breaking the clutch in now and trying to get 400 miles on it quickly. we will be going into bgr racing dyno in concord as soon as the clutch is broke in properly (centerforces weird break in thing). i didnt break my CF in on my race car and it wasted it and my flywheel, so i told him to be patient. i did ask him to get on it full throttle once off a light a couple days ago, and the damn thing was a rocket throwing me back in the seat through 3 gears to 7K.

i think it was 7K for the long block and Mikuni triples. i didnt supply anything for the new motor and its guaranteed for as long as we own it. it breaks Rebello fixes it no charge. throw another couple grand into the flywheel,clutch, suspension, interior stuff, cowl hood and misc things so maybe 10 grand. cost of the car was $4500 5 months ago.

Brian510, Dave at Rebello is a good guy isn't he? He's always been helpful and a straight shooter with me. Boy, that's one healthy L6 you've got. Very impressive at the least. 7.5 lbs per HP is damn good! I'm going to take a quess on your RWHP.....between 275 RWHP and 285 RWHP.........just quessing!!! Boy, I can already hear your back tires crying for mercy.

yea Dave and his guys are all very cool. all 4 of them spent 3 hours on our car last week adjusting the carbs and jetting. would spin it around the block a few times and more adjustments. its damn close now.

yea there are more than a few people waiting for us to chassis dyno it. we figure around 270 rwhp, but it really doesnt matter to us what it does and we may never even run it on a chassis dyno. soon as the rain stop we will g-tech it and see what we get. we have already whipped a couple new 05 vettes and a few subaru wrx turbos. we hit 2nd gear and left them a car length behind and they never caught up. one of the vette guys wanted to see our V8 under the hood. it was funny as heck!

Hi,

Sounds very impressive. I help run the Z Club (http://www.zclub.net) over here in the UK and recently got into stroking the L6. Unfortunately theres no Rebello over here but I'm sure we'll sort something.

I wanted to ask, if you were to continue work on the engine is there anything you'd like to do? It's already very impressive but I'm curious.

Is there any chance you have a video of the engine in car, rolling you can put up please? I'd like to see the whole package in action.

Well done on beating the WRX, I know now that a quality stroked L6 is faster than my friends CRX :D

Enjoy the car

russ,

you can see in our pictures we have nitrous nozzel holes tapped in the intake. that is our only future performance planned. the engine is pretty much exactly like we want it now. in the planing stages we were going to go with much higher compression and a much stouter cam and ending up in the 350 hp range, but we decided to keep it streetable and be able to run it on pump gas.

Brian, just curious what suspension/brake set up you have? And r200 3.9 is it LSD unit or open one.

Sorry, just red this info on your web site. Are Tocikos adjustables or non? And which break set up did you use, also what about bushings rubber or polyurethan? Thanks Brian.

we have MSA lowering springs front and rear and sway bars with all poly bushings thru out. the R200 3.90 is an open rear end but we may put a lsd in soon but havnt decided for sure on that yet. the Tokicos are not the adjustable ones. the front brakes are stock and work just fine (was going to upgrade them but decided until they dont work in stopping the car ill leave them). the rears are 1990 240sx rotors/calipers. i can stand on the brakes hard at 120 mph and the car will stop quickly with no fading so to speak of but im sure constant braking like that would be hazardous.

we are actually going to raise the rear up 3/4 inch soon with 280z strut isolators. the rear sits too low right now and we dont like it.

Those are some impressive numbers. If you don't mind, could you post up the jetting for your carbs? It would be useful as a reference to the rest of us who are using triples.

I've been running a 3.0L Rebello for 5 years, although my car is not driven much these days, less than 1000mi./year at the moment. On my last dyno run, the car put up 210whp with peak power at 6400rpm. I'm running 45DCOEs with 38mm chokes. While not bad, it certainly is not where it should be.

Thankfully, this run provided some useful info. As suspected, my A/F ratio was pig rich ~10.5:1 to 11.5:1 from 3000rpm to redline. This was intentional as I did not want to run the engine in a lean condition before I started tuning. My timing was also conservative. I did not have an opportunity to play with any of the jetting at the time, but I am confident that a good 10-15whp is probably available with the proper timing and jetting.

Brian,

Fricking EXCELLENT numbers. Bringin' er to Watkins Glen for the convention?

Don't raise the rear, PLEASE! This never looks right. The rear wheel openings are smaller than the fronts (rear wheels don't have to turn), which leads some to believe the rear is riding too low. It isn't.

Dave,

FWIW, I'm running 165 main fuel jets and 190 air jets. OER Racing 45mm carbs, 38 or 39mm chokes (39 I think...)

You will of course want to home in on the appropriate jetting while at the dyno. Maybe go down a couple of sizes on both fuel and air and see where that gets you, then go from there.

I bet you're right about another 10-15hp waiting for you with SIMPLE timing and jetting.

we now have 400 miles on the engine and are ready for chassis dyno runs now. we are running Mikuni 44's with 180 main jets and 210 air jets with 50 accelerator. we have a slight stumble once warmed up in first gear off idle only, but its almost gone and is be attributed to heat off the header baking the carbs and intake runners. we now have a header blanket on, intake runners wrapped and fuel lines wrapped and it made a huge difference in drivability and the stumbles. i bet its gonna want 170's and 190 air jets for the final ones after chassis dyno runs. i think we might be a little high with 4 psi fuel pressure also as i really was hoping it would settle down around 3 max.

we will hit the chassis dyno next week and get some a/f readings and see how close we are but it seems to run perfect a little on the rich side which is fine. the car rarely sees under 3000 rpm daily driving it around town.

it idles nicely at 900 rpm's.