HybridZ

LS1 Car Club! Post yours!

Guest swivisti

I accept with information: Motor is '05 GTO LS2, had 3509 miles on it.

Tranny is T56 from said GTO

Used JCI kit, also fan, AC kit, and drive shaft. JTR radiator, and Sanderson headers.

ECU programmed by Diablo Sport and use their tuner. B&M shifter now with my own shift lever with custom knob. Just last night welded in BAD DOG frame rails. R200 clsd on the bench right now installing new R&P, bearings, and seals. Tockico adjustable shocks, and springs.

In progress (LS2 engine swap)

1973 240z

2005 GTO LS2 (4044 miles)

T56 Six speed transmission

B&M Short Shifter

JCI's Engine & Transmission Kit

JCI's Sandersons short hugger headers

R200 diff

3.9 gears with Torsen Gleason limited slip

280z Stub axles,

Modern Motorsports CV adapters,

CV Joints with 280z Half Shafts

Front Suspension shortened 1.5", powder coated red

Koni adjustable shocks

8" coil overs with 250 lb springs

Toyota 4x4 calipers, 300zx vented rotors

Adjustable lower control arms

Adjustable Tie Rods

AZ Front Camber plates

7/8" Front sway bar

Rear Suspension shortened 2", powder coated red

Tokico illumina 5 2ay shocks

8" coil overs with 225 lb springs

Modern Motorsports disk brake adapters

240 sx rear calipers, 280 zx rotors

Modern Motorsports Adjustable rear control arms

3/4" rear sway bar

Wheels Enki 16x7.5" -20 offset

225x45x16 Yokohama V710 tires

Replaced frame rails with 2x3" boxed steel, extended the frame rails from the front to the rear suspension.

Still need to add rear camber plates, finish painting the engine bay. I have already dry fitted in the LS2 and transmission. Hope to have it on the road this summer!

I love reading everyone's builds and love the creative ideas people come up with, some of thes I hope to implement on my car.

I call him Frank short for Frankenstein.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well think i can join club at last been long time coming but just did first motorsport event with car so think i can claim it 99% finished

car is 71 240z

engine and gearbox are from 98 commodore hsv clubsport r8 or Gto as you know them in states ls1 with t56 6 speed with 70,000 km

started install in april 2005 got engine running june 2008

used jci install kit made up gearbox cross member myself say as jtr specs

Used jtr radiator

used jtr header on left hand side as its rhd car had to make my own right hand side header running twin 2.5" exhaust into single muffler at rear

had std computers securites burnt off and tuned mafless raised rev limit to 6800 and had mild tune done on computer

Had guy modify std wiring loom adding wires i needed to connect along with identifying wires for gauges

Had tail shaft made up to suit

fitted internal walbro fuel pump into tank

Fitted r200 lsd from dr30 skyline

28 spline stud axles along with 300zx cv axles

went bit crazy with arizona zcar buying there camber plates,coil over its ,lower front suspension control arms, diff moustache bar , alloy rear suspension hangers and bump steer knuckles usd modern motorsport rear control arms along with bilstein struts

plus i sectioned 45 mmm from struts along jtr idea using vw rabbit struts in front and old fronts in rear

ow and just love the power of the ls1 is just amazing so happy i went with the ls1

thats all i can think of now

Edited by zed240au
bit more to add

• 3 months later...

1. Year of motor/mods

2004 LS1 GTO / headers daft in..coils msd,tb big, maf vette,intake..predator..

2. Tranny

clutch RAM hd. aluminium flywheel,T56 , rear end 300zztt R230 custom shaft, 3;69..

3. Kit used or explanation of your custom mounts.

daft motor mount ,transmition cylinder clutch, line steering ...headers.

4. Any special accessories or parts needed for the swap, including fuel, wiring, etc.

wiring current performance stand..filter vette..cooling system cxracing radiator..

5. Date you started on the project, date finished 2009..2010..in progress stroker383 blower 112 magic..

6. Other car mods (suspension, brakes, etc.)

coilover megan racing, brakes 300z calipers 4 piston front 2 piston rear..disc front 13" brembo, pads hawks..

Optional:

Pictures and miscellaneous info!

saludos, desde Caracas Vzla.

post-6479-12681096529123_thumb.jpg

post-6479-12681097206917_thumb.jpg

post-6479-1268109744891_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Please include:

1. Year of motor/mods

2. Tranny

4. Any special accessories or parts needed for the swap, including fuel, wiring, etc.

5. Date you started on the project, date finished

Optional:

83 280zx turbo

2000 ls 1 stock

6 spd. trans.

i fab. all mounts . using nissan oe motor mounts

got it done in 6 weekends . running and street legal last month .

had to lower the front 1.5 in , lost a lot of weight , and 1 in. rear

• 2 months later...

Well think i can join club at last been long time coming but just did first motorsport event with car so think i can claim it 99% finished

car is 71 240z..........................................

Pics? Particularly of the right side headers/steering area. I'm looking at converting my 280ZX which would have similar problems I guess.

• 2 months later...

Just starting project... Just got car this weekend 78 280z "ZeD"

1 LM7 5300 v8 Turbocharged Nitrous injected

2 4L80 or 85e

3 will do all custom mounts/welding/fab in garage at home

4 Not sure yet

5 Start now-Finish never

6 4 piston calipers, ordered already- cv axles and lsd in r200 for sure- full cage will be required with 700-800hp on the bottle- 5-3/8" spoiler

rear- simple chin spoiler in front- 16" rewinds and zg flares on silver paint. No bumpers cuz I dig that on these lol

Edited by 280-ZeD

• 2 months later...

1. 91 240sx 07 Corvette LS2 360whp/390tq

2. 02 Camaro t56

3. Fab'd my own mounts

4. Nothing to special about it. pretty easy swap

5. Started some time in the summer and got it doing burnouts at the end of summer.

6. J30 Diff, HKS Hypermax coilovers.

Just out of the shop:

IMG_4801.JPG

IMG_4922.jpg

• 2 months later...

hey guys

well I joined the team of the 350 swaps, but sorted cheated, I bought it that way, It is a 78 280z, with a 96 corvette motor (LT1) with the vette trannie, then it has a LSD rear end. Not sure on a lot of the specs as I just bought it and am having the interior professially done. It has a fuel cell installed and dual flowmaster exshast.To stop her , it has disk brakes off a 350 Z. Bought it from a fellower Zer who is going throu a divorce. When I can find more info I will post at that time. I can't wait till sumer to take her out on a run.

Later bob

post-2109-055168600 1298155688_thumb.jpg

post-2109-086585000 1298155705_thumb.jpg

post-2109-043762500 1298155774_thumb.jpg

post-2109-093022600 1298155847_thumb.jpg

Edited by woodboxer

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1. Year of motor/mods

1998 Camaro Z28/SS, 38K miles, stock

2. Tranny

T56 out of the same car

JCI mounts (motor, Trans) JCI radiator, vital fluids, speedo conversion, headers

Electrical: ECU/Harness out of the same donor camaro, reqired and programmed by Wait4me. Painless 7 fuse block, additional relays and two circuit breakers for switched and constant power.

Fuel: -6AN stainless braided fuel lines connected to the stock 240Z gas tank with summit sump kit, prefilter, walbro 255 in-line pump and Corvette FPR - lines and plumbing with the help of Nate at Nasty Performance at LS1tech.

Purchased starter Z in 9/09. Purchased replacement chassis June 2010. Took delivery of finished chassis 4/11, first drive 7/21/11

Brake rebuild kit, new pads, shoes, rotors.

New end links for front sway bar.

Rota RB-R 16x8 +10ET, 8MM spacer up front, 225/50/16 Dunlop Direzza D-Spec tires.

Optional:

Please include:

1. Year of motor/mods

2. Tranny

Optional:

93649925.jpg

Up next (in no order):

Suspension (all new bushings, Tokico spring/strut combo)

custom exhaust

finish interior

urethane type 1 air dam

refresh bumpers

Would you consider doing a thread on the sump pump set up you did (with pictures and everything)? Modifying my 240z for fuel injection has been a major headache.

in my build thread per your request: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/100144-1973-s30-1973-s30-1998-z28ss-the-over-my-head-project/page__view__findpost__p__949587

• 4 months later...

1. 74 260z 6.0L LQ4, 112 Magnuson supercharger.

2. 4L80E trany w/Lokar floor shift

3. Homemade engine/trans mounts/ 9 3/4 ford sterling rearend / Competition Engineering 4 link & adjustable coilovers / full frame 2x3 boxed steel & 4 point roll bar. Original rear inner fenders sectioned & filled to allow for a 275+ series tire.

4. Summit 12 gallon poly fuel cell / all stainless braided lines / 2005 silverado pcm & engine management wiring harness(reworked).

5. started early 2010 / On going as of 12/01/11 miscellaneous finishing & changes. Plenty drivable.

6. Firewall sectioned & moved back 3 3/4" to allow engine to set back further / Custom steel cowl hood made from 2 stock hoods to accommodate supercharger / Summit pro pack aluminum radiator, shroud & electric fan / Sanderson 1 3/4 shorty headers / 2 1/2" dual exhaust with magnaflow mufflers / battery relocated to back of car / full insulation & interior.

hey guys

well I joined the team of the 350 swaps, but sorted cheated, I bought it that way, It is a 78 280z, with a 96 corvette motor (LT1) with the vette trannie, then it has a LSD rear end. Not sure on a lot of the specs as I just bought it and am having the interior professially done. It has a fuel cell installed and dual flowmaster exshast.To stop her , it has disk brakes off a 350 Z. Bought it from a fellower Zer who is going throu a divorce. When I can find more info I will post at that time. I can't wait till sumer to take her out on a run.

Later bob

This is Darius's old Z isn't it?

• 4 months later...

1. Year of motor/mods: 1999 Firebird LS1. Currently going to be bone stock with the exception of longtubes and some Trick Flow fuel rails. FAST EFI and FAST XFI. I MAY turbo it but im not sure

2. Tranny: T56 Out of the afformentioned firebird

3. Kit used or explanation of your custom mounts: Unsure of the direction ill be going. I will probably make custom mounts

4. Any special accessories or parts needed for the swap, including fuel, wiring, etc: single High mount alternator accessory system. Car has a fuel Cell and a walboro 255LPH fuel pump already.

5. Date you started on the project, date finished: Date started= i guess technically 5/2/2012, obviously its not finished as the LS1 is currently in my Van...

6. Other car mods (suspension, brakes, etc.) Cut Tokico lowering springs, toyota 4x4 Front brakes, S13 rear brakes, Tilton Floor mount Pedal set with 7/10 Masters, Summit Fuel Cell with a walboro 255 Pump.

I am just now starting this project, but im aiming to get it done very quickly.