HybridZ

I took the wife out on a date Saturday night...

pparaska

Guest Zpeed

holy damn me

ive been to this site for the last 3 or so years, and i remember when u still had it on the stands... and when you got the wheels

damn nice really damn nice

also what seats are those.. look very healthy sitting in the Z

also the cage looks very clean sitting in there

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again guys.

LightningZ, that's the Xenon Urethane airdam that many vendors sell for the 240Z. Although I'm not crazy about the styling, I didn't want a fiberglass one, as I KNOW I'd crack it someday parking the car. BTW, it needs some reinforcement across the center and a bracket in the center to hold it up. It sags just sitting there, and with the air pushing on it, I bet it really sags.

The 280Z version is similar, without the holes for the turnsignals.

Well, if I wanted to never know my kids (they're growing up fast and need more quality time) and I wanted a divorce, it'd be very soon!

But since I don't want any of that, I guess it will wait 25 years or so until retirement! Plenty of time to plan! :D

Until then, this "project" has plenty to keep me busy - with tinkering, improving, etc. They're never done!

Guest Frank280z

What could I say Pete? Amazing! Flawless! Perfect! 11 years and totally worth it. Congratulations! Enjoy the ride. Thanks for the inspiration. 2thumbs.gif

Frank

Guest Tim78zt

Wow, Pete!! That paint is nothing short of stunning!!! Now I see why you don't want to ever get it wet, even to wash it. Let me know how you like the waterless car wash! I really don't see how you can improve on that shine though!!!

And you are lucky your wife will ride in your car. I ended up going to the Nat'l Convention without my wife because she won't ride in my car!! Bummer (yeah, right!!!).

Congradulations on the maiden voyage!!!

Tim78zt

Pete-

I gotta chime in with my congratulations! I've known you and your car for less than a third of the time that it took to build it, but even over that time I have been deeply impressed with your engineering and craftsmanship. Being picky and meticulous is unfortunately something that pays off only at the end. During the journey, it can attract doubt and loss of confidence. But now that the next phase of your journey will be in the company of a running beautiful V8Z, the rest of us can only say one thing - you done good, man!

Pete,

Simply awesome 2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif It gives me hope that I will finish my project, even if it takes longer than I had hoped for. I'm two years into mine and it's still a bare body shell up on a rotisserie. If mine turns out even remotely close to yours I will be happy. Great job and thanks for the inspiration as well as the wealth of knowledge on your site.

Sorry I got in so late on this thread, Pete (computer virus), so I must say:

YOUR CAR ROCKS!!! 2thumbs.gif

It really looks better than I imagined it would. You should be proud---because the HybridZ bretheren sure are! smile.gif

Now all you need is to get the photos under the "featured rides" for all the newbies to see!!

Davy

Beautiful, Pete!! A real lesson of what can be done with patience, persistance, and attention to detail. I can't imagine how you could keep the spark going for so long. Congratulations!

Though my end result would make you cringe in its lack of refinement, I can't wait for our first outing. Up the Thompson canyon for dinner in Estes park. My wife even wants to drive it one way!

John

It goes in one of my super tastefull categories, not superflash but just right. I love when the old classics get an update and still maintain the same flavour (the Eleanor Mustang). Hmm if Hybridz guys had there way there would actually be a 350 in the new 350z, ooh a new ligenfelter warmed LS6, that would make the hair on the back of the journalists neck stand up.

Thanks again guys.

As for how I kept the flame going, I'll tell you what I think did it.

I'm fortunate that finances didn't cause me to sell it, that I have a very understanding wife, that my dad kept helping me with it (that guy has incredible staying power for a 84 year old dude - he keeps up with me on 14 hour days in the garage!)

One thing that's kept me going is my extended Z family on the Internet. Really, the people (mostly here on HybridZ) that kept asking me "when is it going to be done?" and "how'd you do that?" really made me feel like I HAD to finish it.

I don't like to quit, and I was lucky that life dealt me a hand that allowed me to continue the marathon.

Probably another reason was that it was THERAPUETIC. It's a hobby, and the "end" (getting to drive it) was just part of the fun!

Well Guys,you can all be jealous now hail.gif . While in D.C for the 4th, I got a chance to see Pete and his marathon project in person. Both were top notch ;) The car looks even better in person. truley a top notch,professional job.

Pete, Thanks for the hospitallity(and the wet wipes :D ). It was great meeting you and your wife. If your ever going to be in my neck of the woods be sure to let me know, My door is always open ;)