HybridZ

Need tuning help please

Guest Grenade300

Guest Grenade300

I have a '73 240Z whitch was converted to round top SUs. When I try to accelerate if the engine is anywhere below 2000 rpms it sputters bad and tries to die. If I am above 2000 rpms the engine runs just fine. I just replaced the plug wires. I know that I need to change the plugs. Could I need a new coil? Or is it as simple as needing to tune the carbs. If that is the case, I have another question, There are 2 knobs on the bottom of each carb, one is attached to the part that drops down with the choke and another is by itself with a locking nut on it, whitch one is the low speed mixture adjustment, and what is the other knob for? My Chiltons tells me nothing about either of these knobs.

Guest Grenade300

Thanks for the help. I will be exploring those sites tonight. In the mean time, I found the major problem. Up until now I was running too low on cash to buy a good coil, and I figure I would try the cheap fixes like replacing vaccume hoses, plug wires, plugs and tweaking the timing, but one of my neighbors is a big 510 fan and told me that he had a similar problem on his 510 and solved it by putting an MSD coil in. Aparently, the Datsuns have pretty cruddy coils, when I popped in an MSD coil that he had laying around the difference is bigger than I could have imagined, I still need to sync and adjust my carbs, however my car no longer gives me any trouble below 2000 rpms and really drives a lot better. I bought the coil from him for $20. YAHOO!