HybridZ

Update on my Skyline

AKWIKZ

hako6nb.png

Sweet! Perhaps my vehicle will be in the pictures as well!

Damn Brian ! You really busted a hump to get that all put back together on such short notice. Great effort !

I wished I could have been there to see it all happen. I'm sure Kenny from RB Motorsport was a great help speaking fluent Japanese. Keith ?.......did you hold the sun umbrellas ?? lol.

.................Vinny

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Yes, it was cool to meet Kenny and get his input on the engine. As for Keith, he was more of a "supervisor" I guess. You know, over there......now, over there......now, how about here...... Actually it was noce to have some extra help to push the car around. One of these days hopefully I'll actually get to drive the car. Well, drive it under it's own power, without two guys pushing me. In the meantime I'll just make engine noises and dream.

Brian

• 3 years later...
Alright guys, I know it took a bit longer than I said, but here are some more pictures. This is of the rear end. I finally finished putting it all together. I had a lot more success on this end. Here is the breakdown. The rear arm and crossmember bushings are Energy Suspension 510 units. The mustache bar uses S30 bushings.

I deleted the info after the S30 statement as this is where I have problems. I tried to save a few bucks and order the S30 mustache bushings instead of getting a set from rubber soul that are KGC10 specific. But I learned the hard way. The bushings for a Z car are close but ultimatley loose inside the M bar. Close but not quite. I should have known since every dealer in Japan lists the 2 M bar bushings seperately. Incase any other GC10 owner out there has saved this post in hopes of it being correct....Order from Japan. A little more costly and have to wait on parts but they fit correctly.

While everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. The current owner of the car put it back together in a proper way and is a real nice and operational KGC10.

Did you guys have any issues with CARB when you went to register your cars?

I initially received my registration....was driving to and from work for a couple months. Then they came back and wanted me to go to one of the big CARB stations (FRESNO maybe?) to have it tested and stickered. Did they do this to you?