HybridZ

60 ft-lbs flywheel bolt torque?

Need info on correct torque for flywheel bolts; ARP bolts, 14" aluminum Hays flywheel (168 tooth), big block Chevy engine, Centerforce clutch.

I couldn't find the spec on ARP's web site. BBC "how-to" sites generally quote 60 ft-lbs, but don't distinguish between ARP and stock bolts, or aluminum vs. steel flywheels. Elsewhere on HybridZ some one posted torque specs for L24-26-28 flywheels, but oddly enough there doesn't appear to be a post (at least, not one that survived the latest site revamp) quoting Chevy flywheel bolt torque specs.

So, anyway, I'd appreciate it if some one could confirm the 60 ft-lbs number.

Michael,

I am not trying to be smart or anything, but did you look in the box of ARP fasteners? I have found the torque specs in the box of bolts before, along with what lubricant to use. On another set of bolts, nothing.

Just a thought,

Joshua

The original package containing the bolts is long gone; my car was first assembled 5 years ago, and is slowly undergoing reassembly (took 5 years to reassemble the shortblock, and might take another 2-3 to finish the engine).