HybridZ

Z31 Drivetrain Weak Points?

Guest Phoenyx

Guest Phoenyx

On another site, I can't remember which one and thus can't look it back up, I read a forum post or a FAQ list about what the weakest links in the z31 Drivetrain were, what torque they'd be good to before you had to replace them, and in what order and what time you should replace them. Does anyone here have that info? It'd make a good sticky post once all the information was compiled...

Phoenyx

i havnt seen this link, but i do know that the rear diff mount, and cross member mounts are the first to go. you can get solid mounts from thespecshop.com. also i have heard of people breaking axleshafts when power numbers are increased.. hope you find what you are looking for as i want to see it as well...

Guest Phoenyx

Thanks. I can probably fab myself some solid mounts if I wanted to, I work in a metal fab/machine shop. I might look for some poly mounts, unless you think those are too weak too... Of course it all depends on the torque I suppose. If I'm slamming out a 4-digit torque, I'd probably be in the position to shear a solid mount too. :-D

If all else fails, I'll make a list of what I break and in what order - I've never had a problem learning through experience...