HybridZ

Anyone like to comment on MSD plug wires?

I have a set on my LT1, but really was disappointed with lengths and size of boots on plug ends...nice color though. I have a random miss and suspect a plug or wires. I did a search...thank goodness for being able to say that! It seems that I have heard of some problems with core breaking down with ok external appearance. Accel? John

The pre-made sets are notoriously bad fits. I bought a set from them that had the Opti side complete, but was un-connected on the plug side so I could cut them to length and terminate them myself. The kit comes with a neat cutting and crimping tool that makes it completely idiot-proof (as I have well proven).

I have used MSD wires exclusively in my high performance engines, and I have NEVER had an issue with them. (I use regular parts store wires for daily low performance stuff).

Just my 2c......

I have a set of 8.5mm for my L28ET. They fit fine except one wire is a bit long, but they look awesome. They are still new because I don't have the turbo motor in the car yet, so I cannot give you any performance opinions. I didn't buy them, they came with the engine I when I bought it.