HybridZ

Another 7MGTE swap with pics

Clifton

Yea Clifton is a very good friend, he helped me a bunch. I couldnt have done it with out him. Well I probably could have it jut would have taken me probably 2 more years to complete it and my wife would have left me.

As it was, it took me about 5 months of every spare moment after work and at least 15 whole weekends (sun up to sun down Sat and Sun) from mid November 04 to April 05

Here's a few more shots of interest to Z guys.

cimg34166vc.jpg

I got filthy rolling around under the car cleaning off the tunnel but I think it looks pretty good under there? What do you think?

cleanleftrearwheelwell7hg.jpg

cleanleftrear6bi.jpg

cleantunnelrear6hq.jpg

underrtrrnostruts2yz.jpg

cimg33868nq.jpg

This was during my rewiring of the head lights and fan relay and the A/C, hell it was just a big wiring mess. I Drove the car to emissinons less than 48 hours after this photos was taken. Passed with flying colors, like 1/3 of the maximum alowables.

Poor photo but look very closely how the intercooler goes thru the core support. Im really happy with how it came out.

cimg34086xs.jpg

Guest 73Turbo240z

got a link that doesn't require registration on the other board? i'd like to read more about your details on this buildup...

that looks like your running a 77-78 280z fuel tank, am i correct?

are you running spacers on those wheels to get them to fit like that?

looks like your running a R200 differential, and an AZ mustache bar for that differential, is that the only thing supporting the rear pumpkin?

did you do any material removal to the front core support to get that IC in and out?

you running an AZ car radiator as well? i didn't think mine sat that low when i mocked it up, but it looks like you have the same radiator i do so i figured i'd ask?

what seats are you running, cause those don't look like stock Z seats?

thanks! nice job, it's very subtle unless you are a Z guy and know what to look for!

Sparks: Clifton has been for a ride to verify my SOTP meter and it feels like about 350 RWHP. On Saturday evening here in Mesa I did a roll on with a black convertable viper 3 times in a row and dropped him each time. He kept going just to race me then did a u turn back to the bank (I bank with also) use the ATM machine I followed him and I hollered "Thanks it was fun" and he had a big smile on his face and said "thanks" back. Seemed to be a very nice guy.

73turbo:

that looks like your running a 77-78 280z fuel tank, am i correct?
Nope its the stock 71 they all look the same.

are you running spacers on those wheels to get them to fit like that?
Nope thats the brake rotor hat and the AZ Z car 5 lug rotor kit.

looks like your running a R200 differential?
Yep, Its a 3.70 LDS with a smooth cover on it

and an AZ mustache bar for that differential,

is that the only thing supporting the rear pumpkin?
Yup thats all it does, same thing as the stock one, just looks cooler and its tighter (urethane).

did you do any material removal to the front core support to get that IC in and out?
Nope NOT AT ALL for the IC it fits in the stock holes with no cutting, it was a bitch to fab on the intercooler. BUT for the Fresh air intake I cut a perfect oval hole like 6" by 4.5 in the flat area right under the front right IC inlet for the air filter.

you running an AZ car radiator as well?
Yup with my own custom radiator fan support. The fan is 18 inches in diameter.

i didn't think mine sat that low when i mocked it up, but it looks like you have the same radiator i do so i figured i'd ask?
Any air dam covers it completely, camera angle probably makes it look worse than it is.

what seats are you running, cause those don't look like stock Z seats?
They are stock Z seats, just out of a 1984 300 ZX turbo with the inflatable lumbar support, thigh support and with the adjustable torso width knob. There must be 8 different adjustments you can make with these. Kinda heavy but they are comfy.

nice job, it's very subtle unless you are a Z guy and know what to look for!
Thanks that was my intention.

Now I gotta go find some F body guys to go beat up on.

AZ

From what I've seen and heard, it's starting to make sense why Clifton won at the MSA show. He's very enthusiastic about his car and willing to help others understand what he's done and even willing to help them do it. When I saw his car at the show he was explaining all his modifications to everyone that was interested. The show wasn't fixed; I think the right car (and owner) got what they deserved.

:cheers:

I have known Clifton for more than 15 years and we met thru Z circles, he is a good friend and an awesome resource but I want to make sure I am not voulenteering his services, but he has always been helpful.

AZ

not a z Hell not even a datsun but it is a 7m swap. and for those that will ask yes the firewall had to be extensively modified to fit the motor. the motor looks like a 4 cylinder when viewed from the engine bay because the engine sits so far back. Sorry no pics of the motor.

dsc_4081_std.jpg

dsc_3439_std.jpg

dsc_3437_std.jpg

dsc_3392_std.jpg

dsc_3314_std.jpg

dsc_3314_std.jpg

dsc_3246_std.jpg

dsc_3209_std.jpg